Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Considering Trading In Gs450h For Isf

Ok, I've finally got enough cash to buy a used ISF. I've previously bought a used Is250 sel and now have a Gs 450h, it's got almost at 50k miles on 07 plate.

I've not driven the ISF and would like to hear comparisons on ride and comfort of the ISF compared to the IS250 and/or GS.

The problem I have is, I have to move an 80 year old lady on a regular basis, she had no probem with the IS250, and has no problem with the GS, although slightly higher seats would have been better in both cases.

I'd love to get the ISF on a test drive to try it out on her, but the option doesn't seem available.

I'd greately appreciate any comments from anyone that's driven the ISF and either IS250 or Gs.

Ok, I've finally got enough cash to buy a used ISF. I've previously bought a used Is250 sel and now have a Gs 450h, it's got almost at 50k miles on 07 plate.

I've not driven the ISF and would like to hear comparisons on ride and comfort of the ISF compared to the IS250 and/or GS.

The problem I have is, I have to move an 80 year old lady on a regular basis, she had no probem with the IS250, and has no problem with the GS, although slightly higher seats would have been better in both cases.

I'd love to get the ISF on a test drive to try it out on her, but the option doesn't seem available.

I'd greately appreciate any comments from anyone that's driven the ISF and either IS250 or Gs.

Hi IVE HAD BOTH AND OF COARSE THE ISF IS A SLIGHTLY HARDER RIDE BUT i USE IT AS A FAMILY CAR AND YOU SOON GET USED TO IT AS FOR THE SEATS MY FATHER- IN -,LAW IS DISABLED AND WE HAVE NO TROUBLE IN GETTING HIM IN OR OUT THE DOORS ARE SO WIDE AND THE SEAT IS PUT BACK TO GIVE HIM MORE ROOM, THE GOOD THING IS WHEN YOU TAKE THE OLD LADY OUT SHE WILL GET THERE QUICKER, ALSO THE LIP ON THE EDGE OF THE SEAT DOESNT POSE ANY PROBLEMS WITH ACCESS, SIGN THE CHEQUE.

I owned a 450H SEL, and have just purchased an ISF.

My honest opinion is that the 450H is a far superior car. I really regret buying the ISF. The ride and handling isn't a patch on the 450H. It just doesn't feel safe at all. It may well be fast, but in my book the vehicle is vastly overrated.

Don't waste your money.

I am seriously considering selling the vehicle.

Chris

Compared with the 250, just a slightly harsher ride which you will only notice if the roads near you are badly rutted or potholed and drive in sport mode where the suspension is stiffened even more.

Poor old me has only the IS250SeMM but would love a GS450H SE-L .At this stage in my life the ISF would be just not right.though I would love to borrow one for a couple of weeks:))Maybe if I borrowed a GS450H i would get that out of my system as well.really I suppose I have the best car for me .I did find the GS450 a bit more wallowy on corners but smooth as snakeSh1T

Poor old me has only the IS250SeMM but would love a GS450H SE-L .At this stage in my life the ISF would be just not right.though I would love to borrow one for a couple of weeks:))Maybe if I borrowed a GS450H i would get that out of my system as well.really I suppose I have the best car for me .I did find the GS450 a bit more wallowy on corners but smooth as snakeSh1T

I owned a 450H SEL, and have just purchased an ISF.

My honest opinion is that the 450H is a far superior car. I really regret buying the ISF. The ride and handling isn't a patch on the 450H. It just doesn't feel safe at all. It may well be fast, but in my book the vehicle is vastly overrated.

Don't waste your money.

I am seriously considering selling the vehicle.

Chris

you say that you are seriously considering selling the vehicle, if it was that bad you would definetly sell, especially if it doesnt feel safe.

Sorry no expert (on the IS250/GS), but my observation/input is the rear seat has the plastic centre with the defined separate two rear seats, rather than a traditional 'bench' setup. I've noticed this, as the slight bucket setup in the back with the plastic centre, makes it difficult for child seats....

Sorry expert (on the IS250/GS), but my observation/input is the rear seat has the plastic centre with the defined separate two rear seats, rather than a traditional 'bench' setup. I've noticed this, as the slight bucket setup in the back with the plastic centre, makes it difficult for child seats....

This is the only reason why I haven't got one, the C63 is so much more tempting with the 5 seats.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello again! I used to have an Alpina B3 Biturbo that had us conversing a few months back, but I've now got the ISF. Spookily, I've owned an IS250 SE-L MM, followed by a GS450h SE-L. They are all completely different characters. The IS250 was gutless. The GS450h was close to perfection, but oh, that tiny boot!! The ISF is firm, but the seats are fantastic, and the handling too (I've been a test track development engineer for Toyota in my past, so I'd like to think I'm qualified to say so). The V8 is an absolute engineering masterpiece, with an INCREDIBLE sound after 3600rpm, and I've not come up against ANYTHING that's given it any trouble...

If you can afford around 20-24mpg, I have to say it puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up, and it gets more looks than the Alpina, AND people let you out at junctions because its a Lexus, not a BMW...

The choice, my friend, is yours. :winky:

- Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, dont do a great number of miles, if I did the ISF wouldnt be an option.

More boot space would be very usefull, I've not had the mountain bike in the GS once.

I've also been considering waiting for the RX450h to drop in price, since the speed humps on my estate are driving me nuts, and the higher seats would be easier to get into and out of, not to mention the problem of having to sweep the snow off the uphill drive out of my house almost every day this winter. However I'm not sure I could live with the slower accelaration.

This is going to seem odd to ask here, but are there any other cars from other manufactures I should be considering?

Well, dont do a great number of miles, if I did the ISF wouldnt be an option.

More boot space would be very usefull, I've not had the mountain bike in the GS once.

I've also been considering waiting for the RX450h to drop in price, since the speed humps on my estate are driving me nuts, and the higher seats would be easier to get into and out of, not to mention the problem of having to sweep the snow off the uphill drive out of my house almost every day this winter. However I'm not sure I could live with the slower accelaration.

This is going to seem odd to ask here, but are there any other cars from other manufactures I should be considering?

If you have a slippery uphill drive and get a lot of snow, the ISF is not the best car - even the latest version with LSD - unless you are prepared to mess about fitting winter tyres. The ISF just doesn't have lots of traction in these conditions although no worse than other RWD cars with plenty of power and wide tyres. It also sits low and cannot plough through snow deeper than about 15cm. If you find your speed humps an uncomfortable experience with the GS, the ISF is jarringly worse unless taking them very slowly or you will need an osteopath to sort your spine out after a while. These factors suggest the RX, but you will definitely notice the lack of grunt and indifferent handling by comparison. So alternatives: Range Rover, Porsche Cayenne, BMW X5 etc - these will keep you going in speedy comfort in the snow and over the speed humps; but for the rest of the time, the ISF will give you all you could ever want plus style, reliabilty and the bonus of lower running costs.

• 4 months later...

Ha! I changed my GS450H for an IS-F 18 months ago. They are chalk and cheese. Your 'old lady' will have no problem getting in and out of the car (my mum's 87 and does that just fine) but for her every bump in the road will be as a life-shortening earthquake. Run over a coin in the road and you know it. On the other hand for the slightly less aged the IS-F is pure joy to drive - every journey something to look forward to. I'm starting to think seriously about the 2011 model right now.

Ha! I changed my GS450H for an IS-F 18 months ago. They are chalk and cheese. Your 'old lady' will have no problem getting in and out of the car (my mum's 87 and does that just fine) but for her every bump in the road will be as a life-shortening earthquake. Run over a coin in the road and you know it. On the other hand for the slightly less aged the IS-F is pure joy to drive - every journey something to look forward to. I'm starting to think seriously about the 2011 model right now.

i have a GS430,and was about to trade it in for a nissan GTR on a 10 plate,and as good as it sounds i found after driving it around for just half an hour,i found alot that the GS give you that you don't get in the sports cars

i love the gtr to bits, but don't think i could live with it

these cars ask to be driven hard,and thats the biggest problem

the GS is not a sports car ,but not slow by any means

the ISF cost too much for me ,in that the GTR is a much better car at the same cost ,and a much better drive

but sadly for me ,they don;t do what i want in my car,

until i find something that my GS does ,then that it for me,

i'll drive it into the ground.