Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Few Quick Pics Of The New Motor!

yup mortgage ,petrol and food always first - it should light up around the gear selector so you could have a bulb gone in there-the whole surround pops up really easy if you carefully lift up the chrome surround at the point where your left knee usually sits

Still havent bought springs yet Nick! Wanted to make sure my mortgage was paid first this month, but should hopefully order some next week :)

Probably going to go for a 50mm drop on springs.

It wont be as low as I want Ormi, but I dont want to make the ride to harsh due to baby! Someone said they lowered theirs 40mm on 18's and it was pretty harsh, so going to see how it is with the 17's first!

Going to finish the touch up job on the door tomorrow if the weathers nice. I touched it up along with hundreds of stone chips last weekend!

Hopefully I can get the finish pretty smooth with a bit of sanding! :)

Bruce

mines lowered 50mm at the rear and 40mm at the front running 18's 215x40x18 tyres and honestly their is no diff i was dissapointed that the car wasnt stiffer.

After all this talk of the gear stick surround lighting up, I gave the surround a knock in hope that it would do something.... and it did!!!

Lo and behold they all lit up! Result! One thing fixed :)

Also the key scratch come up pretty good. I spent about 4 hours on the car today, and she come up great! Now its raining, and no doubt will be covered in grit again tomorrow :(

Anyways, springs next on the list!!!

Bruce

• 1 year later...

Holy thread revival!!!

I'm getting my standard wheels painted soon, but was wondering on what colour to do them. Any suggestions or pics? Thinking a dark anthracite colour...

Also once the wheels are on, I'l probably fit the springs Ive had sat in my garage for a year as babys now nearly 1!!!

Cars still running smooth as a nut, even though she has got 108k on the clock now! :)

• 7 months later...

This morning I decided I would start the old girl up, and move her so I can do a few bits and pieces on it for when I put it back on the road. (10th March)

The car fired up first time on the jump leads and still sounds sweet as a nut. The Battery however is well and truley shagged and isn't holding any charge, so as soon as you move the steering wheel the car dies! A quick trip to me old mans garage later and I have a temp Battery on just so I could ove the car to outside my house. Correct fitment Battery is currently on order!

Im just about to have some lunch, and after that im going to remove the headlights and attempt to spilt them. Wheels Are all sprayed up, just got the centre caps to paint, and the springs are still sat in my garage! This is something that will be done when the car is back on the road!

Will post some pics later when I have started on the headlights!

• 1 month later...

This saturday I decided to take the plunge and get the old girl mot'd, insured and taxed.

Flew straight through the mot, so no complaints here, and I also fitted the recently refurbed wheels!

Seeing as the weather was so nice sunday, I thought I ought to give it a wash for the first time in 9 months as the amount crap that had built up on it was something else!

Obviously I had to take a few snaps, so here they are! :)

Just need to fit the springs now!!!

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

I done the headlights myself, and posted a guide on here how to do it too. Search my name and it sh0uld come up :)

Cheers for the replys chaps! Much prefer the standard wheels! I ordered the others when I bought the car as the originals were so bad, and the new ones were so cheap!

When they turned up they were a fair bit more 'blingy' than I thought they were going to be, so planned on refurbing the originals once my mrs was driving the car!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links