Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Transplant

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=55851

read this thread very thoroughly, and look for a dude: Yeldarb

i think you would be better off doing a motor that is originally mounted longitudinally,

not transverse like the 3S-GTE, but that is my very own personal opinion,

or, buy an Altezza 3S-GE, and turbo charge it.

just curious, is there something wrong with your motor, or do you just want more power?

You're right I can't take it to the USA so it is for sale. 6K.

There is a deal on the table at the moment so be quick if you don't want to miss bargain of the year. Doing the deal on Sunday, in a swap for the Altezza I have up for sale.

For what its worth the gearbox DOES NOT mate up to the 3SGTE's, as the turbo, turbo oil return and exhaust are in the way of the starter motor, so you have to move that - an issue that caused huge amounts of welding and cost. You will need to find an RS200 Altezza 'box, very very rare things, then like mine it is easier. The electrics are a nightmare, you have to uprate all suspension, brakes, diff (if yours isn't LSD) you lose traction control unless like mine you add race logic, a stand alone ECU, tuning....... hey I could go on and on and on. Far better to just buy a tuned monster in a finished state with all the issues sorted out. :D Oh and 301BHP 280 Torque, full leather, full sound instalation 2005 SE Nav with ALL toys.

The Altezza RS200 and AS200 and the Lexus IS200 all have the J160 transmission.

The 3S-GTE that Yeldarb put in his car was originally mounted transversely, not longitudinally;

The transversely mounted 3S motors mount to a trans axles in the MR2 and Celica, and whatever else Toyota put them in.

That is why he had to get a mounting plate for the motor.

The motors are essentially the same,

but there are several differences that make this conversion costly,

as Yeldarb will attest to.

Yes they all use the same J160 box but the bell housings are different between the 1G & 3S.

Probably easier to get an Altezza front cut or buy an Altezza out right & turbo that. The 3SGTE is quiet a different best to the Beams 3SGE. You can't even slap 3SGTE pistons in a 3SGE. The beast fit are from a 2JZGTE VVTi but even then they have to be machined to fit. There's some good reading HERE on the subject

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links