Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Or Rs200 ?

Hello and good evening fine people....

As you would have gathered, new to your forums.

Now for your valued opinions please, i currently have a Corolla T-Sport, member of your sister site TOC, but fancy a change of car after 3 n half fun years of the Rolla i want a bit more comfort.

So the search began, at first i was looking at, dare i say it, BMWs, in particular the 5 series, look nice and offer comfort with a bit of ooomph, joined a BM forum to look at common problems and was horrified that the forums read as a list of non stop issues, i do not want loads of trouble after such reliability with my Rolla, so decided to look at Lexus and really like the look of an IS200 but, would like an Auto and the IS only has a 4sp whereas the RS has a 5sp and more BHP.

So, what does an IS have to offer that an RS does not and what are the common problems to look for on both?

Looking to spend 4k ish but will go a bit higher for the right one, once i have sold my Rolla, well advertised it first. Looking for a pretty standard one to boot, no intentions to modify straight away, but who knows down the line, i never intended doing anything to the Rolla but did.

Anyhow, thanks in advance for your opinions..... :D

Hello and good evening fine people....

As you would have gathered, new to your forums.

Now for your valued opinions please, i currently have a Corolla T-Sport, member of your sister site TOC, but fancy a change of car after 3 n half fun years of the Rolla i want a bit more comfort.

So the search began, at first i was looking at, dare i say it, BMWs, in particular the 5 series, look nice and offer comfort with a bit of ooomph, joined a BM forum to look at common problems and was horrified that the forums read as a list of non stop issues, i do not want loads of trouble after such reliability with my Rolla, so decided to look at Lexus and really like the look of an IS200 but, would like an Auto and the IS only has a 4sp whereas the RS has a 5sp and more BHP.

So, what does an IS have to offer that an RS does not and what are the common problems to look for on both?

Looking to spend 4k ish but will go a bit higher for the right one, once i have sold my Rolla, well advertised it first. Looking for a pretty standard one to boot, no intentions to modify straight away, but who knows down the line, i never intended doing anything to the Rolla but did.

Anyhow, thanks in advance for your opinions..... :D

hi mate and welcome

well you get more bits inside leather heated and electric seats and the nice straight 6 noise (the straight 6 altezza puts out the same power as the lex)the 4 cylinder altezza has more power.

i was the same i said a year and a half ago i was going to leave it factory well look at my sig one min you'll be buying leds next a body kit then engine mods charger/turbo.

i've had mine a year and a half and its never needed a thing just make sure whatever you get has a very good history and you'll be fine but always check when the cambelt was done.

good luck matey!!

Hello ormi and thanks for the reply.....

Looking at the 2, the IS does look more luxurious inside for sure, but as an IS owner, have you ever thought "I wish i had got the RS"?

Are both belt as oppose to chain (a good point about my CTS, chain)also are both equal on the modding side of things, obviously the shell is the same, so the engines really?

Yes i have no doubt i will get tempted to the darkside of modding eventually, but will enjoy a softer ride for a while on these awful London roads.

Cheers again fella...... ;)

Hello ormi and thanks for the reply.....

Looking at the 2, the IS does look more luxurious inside for sure, but as an IS owner, have you ever thought "I wish i had got the RS"?

Are both belt as oppose to chain (a good point about my CTS, chain)also are both equal on the modding side of things, obviously the shell is the same, so the engines really?

Yes i have no doubt i will get tempted to the darkside of modding eventually, but will enjoy a softer ride for a while on these awful London roads.

Cheers again fella...... ;)

no mate never wished i'd got the altezza as you can see mines supercharged now so its just as quick but sounds far better! yip mate both the cars run belts...the 4 pot altezza is basicly a mk2 mr2 engine.worked for toyota for 5 years now and they are easy to work on both the is200 and the altezza.but people say its easyer to tune up the 4 pot altezza.

what ever one you buy you wont regret it.

Auto or Manual.

If you want to go quickly then the IS200 will be a disappointment - and hard/expensive to get any extra go from it.

The RS200 is a fast little thing and has a lot more tuning options, having the well proven 3SGE power-plant. For 4K you will get a good Semi Auto or a rough manual. take a look at the auto I have for sale, with a the added bonus of 1/2 leather interior from an IS200!! Link be quick as there are 3 people looking at it already next week.

Ormi

Cheers again fella, i never knew the Altezza ran the mk2 MR2 engine, always good to learn something new. No im sure i won't regret it, they do look very very nice indeed.

Yeldarb

Yes i have seen your RS200 for sale, you are a couple of months too early, i must sell my Rolla first, the missus will go mental if i was to buy another car without selling the Rolla first with a move into a new house pending, it looks just the ticket and i am gutted TBH. I really want an auto, fancy the lazy life for a while, but if i get an IS, i think it will be manual, 4sp auto just seems so 20yrs ago, but never say never. Unless of course you fancy a CTS and some ££££ your way? lol

Thank you both, need to go drive them both i think .... :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links