Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Memories Anyone?

Good Evenings Fellow LOC Members,

Just thought i would share tonight's very funny events on the motorway on my way home, I always travel on the motorway at about 60 - 70 (its a 40 mile drive home & i want to save the juice) , so im traveling along not much traffic & im in the slow lane, music on nice and relaxed when i i hear the sound of the modified saxo VTR (usual gold alloys roll cage & young 17 your olds) filled with chavs in the middle lane, i look out my window to see him giving me the finger!!! so at that it was time to drop a couple of gears foot to the floor and wave bye to the TW**S from my rear view mirror, the lexus has lots of fun points!!! Any ammusing storys from you chaps???

It was always quite satisfying destroying exotica in the Elise though the twistys!

One of my fondest memories was when i went to Nurburgring in May 08. Had a race with my mates 380bhp RX7 and finished just under 30 seconds before him! :P Admittedly he was running 19's... but still nearly twice the power of my S1!

yep indeedy, only yesterday lunchtime on the way to pick the missus up from work.

I was sat at the front of the lights in the left hand lane of the dual garageway, windows down, tunes on (not too loud tho) and sunroof open, freshly polished and waxed, enjoying the sun and saw a car going really slow behind me.

Was an 05 plate saab drop top (the one thats based on the vectra), the reason this chap (i'd say about 25/26 y/o, same as me) was off so slow was he had two mates in the car and he was puttin the roof down.

Then just as he got close he changed lanes and gave me 'the look'.

Hence manual mode and PWR button down (it was the turbo one so wasn't taking any chances :winky: ) and proper smoked him, loved the look on his face when he was nailing thru the gears and then pulled in the left lane and aventually caught up.

mines not a particularly fast car but i dont mind the odd traffic light drag race to show some toss pots that the 3 litre six and auto box can still do a bit of damage.

Get loads of people try it at roundabouts and dual garageways when they come up real close behind you then pull out to overtake, if i'm in racing mode too usually just drop it a cog or two and disappear!

Lets not get started on the saxo/corsa/fiesta drivers that always think they've got a nailed on 'win' too?!!!

seriously tho, the 300 brings out the worst of them, I used to get some try it when i had the golf gti, and only serios contenders would have a go with the gt4. Must be something about 'blowing a lexus away' that sounds good to their mates.

Thing is people have this impression that a "Lexus" is a fast car - it just isn't. I love blowing away BMW's, type r civics, etc, just because they know how slow the IS200 "should" be :hehe:

Then I see the petrol gauge and slow down a lot......

Thing is people have this impression that a "Lexus" is a fast car - it just isn't. I love blowing away BMW's, type r civics, etc, just because they know how slow the IS200 "should" be :hehe:

Then I see the petrol gauge and slow down a lot......

Not exactly an average 200 though is it? :winky:

But i know what you people are talking about, i don't have a Lex yet, but my CTS is a "Sleeper" car and surprises people all the time.

Oh roll on the Lexus/Altezza .......

A memorable event was when i was driving on my way home (similar to si_is300) along this stretch of duel carriage going around steady 60mph on the inside lane, then driving by me was this M3. It was a female driver and i could see she slowed down just as she got by the side of me and i could see her passenger laughing, so it was bascially a "come on". Now there's noway im not gonna win this one on the straight, but i put my foot down anyway.

Ofcourse, i could not keep up after a few miles, but as i know the road very well...4 yrs i've been driving along it and i knew ahead was a round about and i always take the first exit and i also know around this time there is always a queue of people on the left side lane and the second lane is usually clear. By the time i caught up with the M3 i could see they was in that queue. So i took the second lane instead and went round the whole round about so i could exit the first exit. The best moment was the fact i went round the round about and i could see them looking me and they knew although i had a much slower car, i was more smart.

It was a good day.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links