Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's your daftest maneouver?

javadude

Wait a minute guy's! Don't go knocking the young guy's in the hot hatches. Not everyone has the money to buy a big V8 or even a small 2.0 Lexus. You buy what you can afford and if you can save up to mod it a little.

So leave the yongsters and the modders alone. or were you never young one?

heheh yeah but never had a hot hatch... hmm do you have a second car graeme that you would like to tell us about:D:D:D:D

oi.............

nothing wrong with ankle snappers having hot hatches,my Max power feature car would have given the V8's a run for the money and it was only a 1.8...........

we have all driven crap cars in our time(not me though really)..............

some more than others

What was your worst ever car.

Mine was a Vauxhall Astra that smoked when you stick your foot down and I braked once and the heaadlight popped out and slid down the road. When i went to pick up the headlight some A*shole ran over it for a laugh!

eh steve:P

I wasn't around for the "worst car ever thread".

Mine was a (blush) 1970 Renault 16 that someone gave me as a derelict (it had been sitting in a field for years. That thing was such a bitch to work on - had an inline front-wheel-drive engine and wet liners. You had to take the steering gear out to get the mill out.

Lasted about a year then I had to pay someone a tenner to take it away. I remember that one of the calipers used to stick and I didn't have any cash to fix it - you have to wait for it to heat the disk to red hot before it'd release.

oi.............

nothing wrong with ankle snappers having hot hatches,my Max power feature car would have given the V8's a run for the money and it was only a 1.8...........

we have all driven crap cars in our time(not me though really)..............

some more than others

What was your worst ever car.

Mine was a Vauxhall Astra that smoked when you stick your foot down and I braked once and the heaadlight popped out and slid down the road. When i went to pick up the headlight some A*shole ran over it for a laugh!

eh steve:P

it was an Astra van BTW.. so not a Hatch... certainly wasnt hot.. anyway only cost me 200 quid and i cut all the back out with a hammer and bolster to fit some seats in the back... and then carpet it all out... rather cool at the end

that was my worst manouver :rolleyes:

Hmmm, worst manoevre ever. It's hard, because obviously I'm a perfect driver but here goes:

In my 1430 Mini (115bhp, 0-60 in ~7 sec, drum brakes) driving through Lincolnshire. It was a lovely clear day, and the road was as straight as a die. I got behind an artic, checked the road was clear and floored it. got about halfway alongside it when a Volvo appeared out of the heat haze coming straight for me.

I hit the brakes hard, and started to slow down. Unfortunately, the truck hit his brakes too, so my idea of tucking in behind him wasn't going to work too well so I had to gas it (top speed was about 95mph, short gearing :rolleyes: ) and cleared both truck and Volvo by inches.

On my bike last weekend, out with a group of about 12 riders, we were overtaking cars along a straight road, I was towards the back of the group, couldn't actually see if anything was coming, I figured that I'd see everyone pull in before any cars got too close. Everyone pulled in just as I got alongside a car and trailer. For a second I considered jumping into the trailer and letting the bike look after itself :tumble:

Oh and my money's on UV's NSX, unless I can race my bike, in which case none of you have a chance :P

[Edited on 16-4-2002 by NotoriousREV]