Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's your daftest maneouver?

javadude

Yesterday I was coming back from badminton on an urban dual carriageway with three mates in the car. I was in the overtaking lane but there was a car in it ahead waiting to turn right and a lorry to the left of me. Soooo... I thought I'd drop a gear, pull ahead and then change lane in front of the lorry. Only thing was I fumbled the gear change and that car was getting awfully close. (Got a few comments about having 6 gears to pick from, "we're going to die" that sort of thing.) Finally found the gear but it was a close thing... Don't think I'll try that one again.

[Edited on 13-4-2002 by javadude]

It's often young boys in small cars who think they can race me - 309GTIs and GolfGTI seem to be favorite. Thing is, I'm always too far in front to be able to see the look on their faces when my 2 tonnes of "codger mobile" leaves them standing.

(smile) - blowers don't count - I know when I'm beat.

Most people think big cars like the GS etc are slow old buses though - especially pimply youths in hot hatches.

I know enough about cars to know when to try and when to leave alone - my GS would eat a natural IS2 for brekkie:smilegrin::smilegrin::smilegrin::smilegrin::smilegrin:

Mat

To be honest if I knew that was a race i would have redlined it... as i was not in PWR mode and was in wrong gear :( ... Not being horrid here.. but we were not that impressed with the performance we saw and you did not get that far ahead.

But as for normal IS too I have given them a play on the motorway.. so watch if you see an old grandad car up ya a$$ LOL

Blimey.. mines an old banger!

oh hang on.. Mat cheated and had to have a blower in his :D:D:D:D:D

Cheating is his game :D:D:D:D

[Edited on 13-4-2002 by Administrator]

[Edited on 13-4-2002 by Administrator]

Three weeks ago I was stopped by the police on the A40 for an o/s tail light out, which I knew about! And also to be told they had clocked me doing a 137mph. After telling me what a f???ing idiot I was he said "Get that f-ing back light fixed, go home and reflect on how lucky you are today..." :o:o:o:o

The way to do it is to out maneouver the big boys - when I did my lane change there was a 7 series beemer behind. My mates had wanted me to race him away from the previous traffic lights :rolleyes: I just pootled and I think he must have been on the phone or something 'cause I did get in front. He didn't make it infront of the lorry - he got stuck behind the turning car :D

driivng down a lane where there's a tramline, the stupid woman in front of me with her ugly green honda civic ( da bitch), thinks she can just stop in the middle of the lane without no aparent reason, whilst I'm on the tramrails..... the tram at aprox 35 M/h, blow his horn ....... I can only squeeze the gas and escape next to that honda on the side walk at 20 cm !! from a parked BMW, the guy sitting in the BMW turns white seeing my manoevre, the tram misses me for about 30 cm?! hoooooottttt !!..... when a little further I pull up next to that woman, she's looks so stupid at me, like nothing happened, she might well no even have realized what she could have caused. DA BITCH !! (sometimes like ti use that word for women like that) LOL

[Edited on 14-4-2002 by blue wax]

power is good, but a heavy V8 against a nimble Blown IS, well on a roman road maybe but real driving, well lets say it would be interesting. Daftest manouvre, fed up with slow traffic on country lane all waqs clear, went booming past, one of the cars was a cop, He couldn't get out of lane though,HE HE HE:smilegrin:, quickly changed route and turned off.:smilegrin:

Believe it or not the GS300 sport is a very nimble car for its size. I believe its not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

As for that cop!! Sorry 'Wonderful Police Ociffer' at that moment in time I would have given him a b-job???? :o Well maybe a donation to the policemans ball!! if you get my meaning...... Am I digging myself in deeper here?

Wait a minute guy's! Don't go knocking the young guy's in the hot hatches. Not everyone has the money to buy a big V8 or even a small 2.0 Lexus. You buy what you can afford and if you can save up to mod it a little.

So leave the yongsters and the modders alone. or were you never young one?