Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Car I Said I Would Keep Standard....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well dropped it 2 cm at the rear to get the even sill look....

BEFORE

p0505101918.jpg

AFTER

p0505102016.jpg

think it looks a bit better....

I prefer it when it has some rake!

And the bumper looks cool with the cut out, but where are you going to put your front number plate now?

I used to have mine in teh windscreen on my old car and racked up £150 worth of fines in just over a year! And that was when it was only £30 fine! Think its gone up now?

Bruce

ps. love the head on pic. Looks lairy!

I prefer it when it has some rake!

And the bumper looks cool with the cut out, but where are you going to put your front number plate now?

I used to have mine in teh windscreen on my old car and racked up £150 worth of fines in just over a year! And that was when it was only £30 fine! Think its gone up now?

Bruce

ps. love the head on pic. Looks lairy!

i never get greef from the popo(police)

1)not out and about in it a lot

2)the wife is a traffic cop

3)i work on most of their cars so i have an advantage....heehee....

• 3 weeks later...

to the above they are good roll bars and not too dear..........

also done a few more things to the car........

the strut brace..

p210510202001.jpg

built in brake stopper

p210510202002.jpg

my ssqv came today

p2205101119.jpg

all fitted

p2205101740.jpg

some of you will have noticed my carbon scoop isn't in any of the pics...i was doing a little tidy up work...

p2205101911.jpg

all done

p2205101951.jpg

ok cheers will be orderin that on pay day.

if dont mind me asking how much as it cost you to charge it.

Also where did you find the kit.

the chargers go for approx £2000-£2800 i paid £2400 for mine and it came with a prolex manifold and larger intercooler.......

fitted it myself its a very easy job.....

i waited a while to get it mate i heard a member(asi)was going to be selling his so i said i'll be interested when he was selling...........

6 months later i bought it...he now own's a v8 turbo is200!!!!!!he still miss's the noise though!!!!!

Lovely car mate! You've done an awesome job of it, very impressive!

Do you mind me asking a couple of questions please?

I'm new to the world of Toyota / Lexus, just bought myself a fresh import Altezza RS200 and really want to do the jdm headlight mod you've done. There is a set of genuine jdm headlights on eBay at the moment but they are £299 + £92 postage from japan! Sod that! So I was pleased to see that you've done the mod yourself, and in fact, they look better than the real thing as you've got rid of the horrible Amber strip for the indicator! Do you have a how to guide? Or would you mind telling me exactly how you did it please?

And the other thing I wanted to ask, is where you got your wind deflectors from? Are they genuine jdm ones?

Thanks in advance,

Arron

Lovely car mate! You've done an awesome job of it, very impressive!

Do you mind me asking a couple of questions please?

I'm new to the world of Toyota / Lexus, just bought myself a fresh import Altezza RS200 and really want to do the jdm headlight mod you've done. There is a set of genuine jdm headlights on eBay at the moment but they are £299 + £92 postage from japan! Sod that! So I was pleased to see that you've done the mod yourself, and in fact, they look better than the real thing as you've got rid of the horrible Amber strip for the indicator! Do you have a how to guide? Or would you mind telling me exactly how you did it please?

And the other thing I wanted to ask, is where you got your wind deflectors from? Are they genuine jdm ones?

Thanks in advance,

Arron

not a problem mate......and cheers for the coments..my projects taken me a year and a half to complete..

lights...if you go to youtube type in is200 halo conversion theirs a video on how to strip down the lights.....it involves putting them in an oven

infact heres a link

if you go on eBay motors(the american ebay)you can get wind deflectors from their really cheap but remember and search for is300 wind deflectors...

Excellent mate! Thanks very much for the info, much appreciated. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, I think you've done a fantastic job, looks really nice, nice and subtle, yet it's obvious the car is packing a punch! ;-)

I had a look for wind deflectors and the only thing that came up was a wind deflector for an is2/300 sunroof, so I changed the search to is300 window visors and about 22 items came up, just incase anyone else is on the search for some! :)

• 2 weeks later...

where did you get the kit from?

if you mean the body kit its all lexus parts no crappy fiberglass here..

front bumper....TTE

side skirts.....TRD

rear lip........TRD

got the rear lip off of eBay

side skirts of a former member....bandit

got the front bumper off eBay..

Hey Ormi, what tyres are you running on the front, I know you said 215' but what profile are they?, I'm trying to figure out what I need to stop them fowling the arch liner, cheers mate.

i'm runnin 215,40's mate...

cheers locky!!!i'm just lucky i can do it all myself,the only thing i didn't do was paint the kit.i've done everything over a year and a half so now its nearly finished 99%(a car is never finished)i can now enjoy driving it and taking it to show's(a few weeks ago i came first in a show and shine)

as for power i've not got a clue,larger intercooler,induction kit(apexi filter),pr0lex manifold,full stainless exhaust and she only ever runs on vpower.

poss around 220 bhp poss more??to be honest i didn't get the charger coz it ups the power i got it coz i love the noise!!its amazing...

• 1 month later...

well heres a little up date.....

changed my flip up 7 inck monitor for a jvc double din unit,it annoyed me having to flip the monitor down everytime i wanted to get to the heater controls..

also got a factory look sat nav installed thanks to stav. factory sat nav housing with a sony sat nav fitted........

img0280g.jpg