Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1St Performance Mods

garyskisplym

I am thinking of making afew performance mods to my is200 sport.

i was thinking an exhaust system and an induction it.

is there any other mods people would recommend to start off with.

Eg decat.

The exhaust system i am looking at is a HKS hipower.

Im just woundering if anyone has one has this system and could answer afew questions for me.

- How loud is it and do you loss the sound of the straight 6???

- Also i can only find them for altezza on hks site where as sites that sell them state is200/altezza. Will altezza exhaust be ok then??

- Is it worth getting ride of any/ all the cats at same time??

On the Indution kit side what would people recommend??

Want an open air filter as i will use a carbon cold air feed to flow air to it, and use stainless piping to t/b

Also on cold air feed side i remember reading something on a usa owners club about there being a vavle that stuffs after 4k in the air feed to keep noise down. Does this mean anything to anyone??

And if so is there anyway of stopping this??

Also can you get itb for a is200 engine??? (Future plans)

Gary

well,

I have the HKS hi power and yes the altezza exhaust is the same from cat back. but thing worth noting is they say that HKS exhaust is cat back but it is really an axle back as all you get is the rear section. there are four sections on your car manifold which has two cats in it, the section with main cat, mid-section with small box in it and then back box. That Hi power is also the silent version for the lexus which makes it quiet. nice hum but that about it. replacing the cats will only on standard car give you little bit extra power(very very small) but mostly will just give better response and better sound!

The induction side of things just try get an induction kit that does not go over the exhaust manifold e.g. powertec. There are ones that come out front between front of engine and radiator as you need the air to be as cold as you can get it especially on N/A car.

well,

I have the HKS hi power and yes the altezza exhaust is the same from cat back. but thing worth noting is they say that HKS exhaust is cat back but it is really an axle back as all you get is the rear section. there are four sections on your car manifold which has two cats in it, the section with main cat, mid-section with small box in it and then back box. That Hi power is also the silent version for the lexus which makes it quiet. nice hum but that about it. replacing the cats will only on standard car give you little bit extra power(very very small) but mostly will just give better response and better sound!

The induction side of things just try get an induction kit that does not go over the exhaust manifold e.g. powertec. There are ones that come out front between front of engine and radiator as you need the air to be as cold as you can get it especially on N/A car.

Dont spose you have a sound clip of your exhaust do you??

Also so with the induction kit your saying get on that does not go over the manifold.

Do you mean then get one that is directed to the passanger side instead of drivers side like alot of them???

hey sorry mate no i dont have one and also my car now has a turbo and full stainless exhaust so wud sound that be different lol, but had it on car before put on turbo and was quiet!

ya dont get the one that goes over the exhaust manifold cause heat rises unfortunatley lol and your induction kit would just soak it up. if you go onto prolex website and see that induction kit you will see what i mean as an example. . it goes from the throttle body to front left corner as your looking at it. But that kit from prolex is fine looks well but filter that comes with it is not great, so if going down that road ask for it without filter and get a good make . . HKS/Apexi etc. but other people have this same idea just search round!!

hey sorry mate no i dont have one and also my car now has a turbo and full stainless exhaust so wud sound that be different lol, but had it on car before put on turbo and was quiet!

ya dont get the one that goes over the exhaust manifold cause heat rises unfortunatley lol and your induction kit would just soak it up. if you go onto prolex website and see that induction kit you will see what i mean as an example. . it goes from the throttle body to front left corner as your looking at it. But that kit from prolex is fine looks well but filter that comes with it is not great, so if going down that road ask for it without filter and get a good make . . HKS/Apexi etc. but other people have this same idea just search round!!

thanks mate

Looking at apexi filters.

Undertand what your saying about the filter, so are you saying get one that goes over the block, or make one that goes to the passanger side???

Also with apexi filter what size do you need and do you need an adaptor??

Does a hks exhaust just magnify the sound of the straight 6 or is it a diffrent noise???

gary

Either get an induction kit that goes to the drivers side or make one that does. passenger side will not work not enough room. did you look at the prolex one? that is good example to work off! and the size of the adapter for the filter will depend on the pipe used from the throttle body! you need to decide whether you are goin to buy a kit or make one. . then measurments can be gotten!

the exhaust will deepen the sound but twil be same volume as standard sport box!cause it is a silent hi power!

Either get an induction kit that goes to the drivers side or make one that does. passenger side will not work not enough room. did you look at the prolex one? that is good example to work off! and the size of the adapter for the filter will depend on the pipe used from the throttle body! you need to decide whether you are goin to buy a kit or make one. . then measurments can be gotten!

the exhaust will deepen the sound but twil be same volume as standard sport box!cause it is a silent hi power!

Want size pipe is best to run??

Also what is needed if i make my own??

TIme and patience lol! you will need a silicone elbow (SFS, samco, autobahn 88) for the throttle body + Clips, stainless piping (look the best) usual 60mm used can use bigger. need to drill a hole in that for the air temp sensor the rubber for holding that is already in your standard lexus intake, be able to weld on or make up a bracket to hold the pipe to front of engine usually on top near VVTi cover, but there needs to be bend at rough 45deg half way down so you will need either someone who can bend piping or buy another silicone 45deg elbow to turn it towards back of light and then the filter at other end!

TIme and patience lol! you will need a silicone elbow (SFS, samco, autobahn 88) for the throttle body + Clips, stainless piping (look the best) usual 60mm used can use bigger. need to drill a hole in that for the air temp sensor the rubber for holding that is already in your standard lexus intake, be able to weld on or make up a bracket to hold the pipe to front of engine usually on top near VVTi cover, but there needs to be bend at rough 45deg half way down so you will need either someone who can bend piping or buy another silicone 45deg elbow to turn it towards back of light and then the filter at other end!

How do you attatch the filter to the piping??

Jubalie clips??

when you decide on which filter ure getting find out about filter ask him what size piping the rubber that comes with the filter is for, then get piping to suit. and ya jubilee clips will be used!

• 6 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links