Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats Your Favourite Cleaning Product To Use On Your Lex?

Morning all !

With the weather gradually getting better its time to get that bucket and sponge out.

So I thought I would create this topic where fellow members could share their experiences with their fave products.

So, whats your fave product and why ? Whats the RRP ? Where can i get it from ?

My fave cleaning product is Wonder Wheels. Its ideal for when your alloys have grime on that nothing else will remove. Its about £8 and can be found in Halfords. It comes in a massive bottle and will last you for years and years.

But second to that, i would recommend ICE polish, again this can be found in Halfords for around £12 with the cloths and applicator. As a polish its mega easy and quick to apply. Gives a great shine and doesn't leave any streaks. The bottle will last you for ages and i strongly recommend a trip to the local pound shop to pick up some micro fiber cloth's as they are a bargain !

I prefer to use Meguiars cleaning products, clicky

I don't like Wonder Wheels at all- I found it likes to lift off damaged lacquer/paint off alloys- might as well as wash your wheels with acid, they both strip off paint IMHO. Oh, I also use a Bilt-hamber clay bar aswell.

when the weather is out i love using 'Turtle Detailer' - mist spray after a wash etc and it leaves a beaut gloss/silky look..from Halfrauds for around £3 i think

other than that Super Resin Polisher and gloss works a treat too - i got a big bottle of SRP for £2 at a car booty!

I've used Wonder Wheels in the past and it does remove some stubborn brake dust,but if you use it regularly it will destroy your wheels.

Best to clean your alloys weekly with normal car shampoo before it has a chance to become engrained in your wheels.

I always use Autoglym products-always found them very good.

I've used Wonder Wheels in the past and it does remove some stubborn brake dust,but if you use it regularly it will destroy your wheels.

Best to clean your alloys weekly with normal car shampoo before it has a chance to become engrained in your wheels.

Yes i agree with you and Kam, however it is very good if you only use it occasionally. It burns your hands if you don't wear gloves - anything that powerful's never gonna be any good.

Andy - have you used their (autoglym) glass polish ? I was think of buying some the other day

God I use loads. Probably roughly in this order too

Meguires gold class shampoo

cant remember a price but about a tenner - good stuff

Meguires clay bar

kit is about 20 - good product if you've never clayed a car before.

Autoglym Super Resin Polish

6-10 for a big bottle - again for a novice I think excellent product....Dont use too much per panel though :winky:

then either

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

bout 6 quid - again excellent product, I think better on lighter coloured metallics. I used it on my Polar Blue Elise and will probably use it on the Lex, Platinum Ice.

Meguires Carnuba

about a tenner - excellent stuff too, smells lovely :lol: and gives a cracking shine to darker colours. I used it on my last car, a black Corrado VR6.

I mainly use stuff available at Halfords for when the cleaning notion hits me but a new one I've just found is

Bilt Hamber Surfex

bout 8 quid delivered for a litre. its an absolutely amazing APC. it dilutes down to anything up to about a 10:1 ratio with water so it lasts ages. I've just been round all the door shuts...the engine bay.....most of the interior and even a pair of puma trainers :o .

It just seems to clean anything you want.

Richi

Yes i agree with you and Kam, however it is very good if you only use it occasionally. It burns your hands if you don't wear gloves - anything that powerful's never gonna be any good.

Andy - have you used their (autoglym) glass polish ? I was think of buying some the other day

I always use Autoglym Fast Glass which is a spray as I don't like the white powder type glass cleaners.I find the spray very easy to use and you can also use it on the bodywork to remove bird droppings safely which is good.

I wouldnt say its a cleaning product but a Pressure Washer is a must if you own a hose pipe. Efficient and fun to use when adding a snowfoam solution.

Hope you don't mind a 220 owner coming in.

I used Maguiars Gold Class Shampoo (and Polish) on last car and thought it was great. However, I had some Showroom Shine for Xmas and now use that instead. Cleans and waxes in one go.

Other exchanges about waterless cleaners talked about scratching paintwork but I find it gives a superb finish with no blemishes.

Morning all !

With the weather gradually getting better its time to get that bucket and sponge out.

So I thought I would create this topic where fellow members could share their experiences with their fave products.

So, whats your fave product and why ? Whats the RRP ? Where can i get it from ?

My fave cleaning product is Wonder Wheels. Its ideal for when your alloys have grime on that nothing else will remove. Its about £8 and can be found in halfords. It comes in a massive bottle and will last you for years and years.

But second to that, i would recommend ICE polish, again this can be found in halfords for around £12 with the cloths and applicator. As a polish its mega easy and quick to apply. Gives a great shine and doesn't leave any streaks. The bottle will last you for ages and i strongly recommend a trip to the local pound shop to pick up some micro fiber cloth's as they are a bargain !

hi mate

sorry hijack you topic

but has anyone used this

there's a videos of how to use it

thanks

wahid

Regarding Autoglym Super Resin Polish - do you apply it by hand or use rotary buffer? Got some in stock. Any recommendations on what is the best way to apply it? Thanks!

I generally apply it by hand.....in fact I think it is designed to be applied by hand as it contains more fillers than compounds which take a layer of paint off.

i.e it fills all the tiny little scratches in the paint, rather than buff them out.

I have used a machine to apply it and it is certainly easier on the arm but not hugely better results.

Hope that helps

couple of the Corrado with SRP then Megs carnuba

jg5.jpg

jg4.jpg

jg2.jpg

and a couple of the Elise with SRP then EGP

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

detailing World is a good source of knowledge from a friendly bunch of people.

Elite Car Snow Foam through Heavy Duty Lance

V Sol All Purpose Cleaner

Megs Wheel Brightner

Megs Window Cleaner

Dodo Juice Gentle Grey clay With Dodo Juice Born Slippy

Dodo Juice Lime Prime (prep`s the paint for polish)

Duargloss 111 Sealant

Sonax Wax (trying this out at the moment first coat with the Duragloss looks really good) used to use Dodo Juice Purple Haze

Detailing World is a good source of knowledge from a friendly bunch of people.

Elite Car Snow Foam through Heavy Duty Lance

V Sol All Purpose Cleaner

Megs Wheel Brightner

Megs Window Cleaner

Dodo Juice Gentle Grey Clay With Dodo Juice Born Slippy

Dodo Juice Lime Prime (prep`s the paint for polish)

Duargloss 111 Sealant

Sonax Wax (trying this out at the moment first coat with the Duragloss looks really good) used to use Dodo Juice Purple Haze

Wow you must have a big shed to keep all that in mate! love those wheels

Theres more to cleaning car products than megs and halfrauds peeps!

although my neighbour does work for Halfords and still gets discount even on the 3 for 2's!

Billbery for the wheels (about a tenner a litre, diluted aprox 4:1)

APC for the awkward bits (about a quid a bottle from supermarkets, various dilutions)

Megs hyper wash (2 bucket method) with a lambswool mitt.

Sonus Green clay (less than 20 quid for two)

Demon shine as quick drying aid (on offer in asda, 2 litres for a fiver)

SRP (fifiteen quid for the big bottle, lasts ages)

Poorboys 'white diamond' (tenner a bottle, will last me about 2 years)

AG fast glass spray

AG vinyl and rubber care (Halfords 3 for 2 :winky: )

couple of coats of colly 476s (15 quid a tub, cant see me rnning out, it goes a long way!)

tyre dress (free from the missus's work :winky: )

chemical guys quick detailer spray (a tenner ish, for the guaranteed bird ***** when you've finished)

Got a small karcher pressure washer, could do with a foam lance next for some snowfoam action!

polish, glaze and wax applied with foam hand applicators (couple of quid each)

loads of brushes and microfibres (cheap as cheaps from supermarkets)

Stay away from wonder wheels unless your wheels are very bad, this stuff is lethal is any paint or laquer is suspect, and eats your hands too (ive had bad dermatitus for 6 years plus caused by washing WW off, even with gloves on!)

Si i totally agree about Halfords.

They can be rather extortionate with their prices - more and more the local 24Hr Asda is becoming top choice, their range of car cleaning products and constantly growing, and although it doesn't have the range that Halfords does the prices are superb, and if you like me and have a local 24hr one its mega convenient.

Especially for screenwash, cloths + sponges etc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links