Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pass Mot On Petrol Not On Gas ?

had mot today and was told she will pass if she is running on petrol all is well. but if he tests it on gas it will fail because of emissions.

any one every had this ?

Mine was running on gas when the MOT emission test was run, not a problem

I had a 3.2 V6 Trooper on lpg and that went through mot every time on gas with no problems, emmisions were about 0.018 virtually zero. I dont think he knows what he's talking about. Try another tester.

i think your right, tester is telling me all lpg run rough and thows every thing out and then it burns you engine up.

something dont sound right he must be a lpg hater.

Hi mine went through on gas, very very low on emissions, particulates were virtually 0, lpg is much cleaner burning than petrol, the only way it could fail is if its badly set up.

it came with lpg when i got it. any way i can check set up without paying a bomb?

Hi mine went through on gas, very very low on emissions, particulates were virtually 0, lpg is much cleaner burning than petrol, the only way it could fail is if its badly set up.

it came with lpg when i got it. any way i can check set up without paying a bomb?

Any decent lpg installer will do a lpg service & set up for a max of £70 google lpg forum for a good installer in your area

cant see how it could fail ???? the tester giving you bull i think should of ask him to explain ,mines on lpg il have to wait to mot it lol

:D

now i know we dont trust our mechanics but give the guy a break, he might be right...he didnt fit the lpg, he's just testing it.

Take it to a garage that only does mot testing, not an established service garage. Garages that just mot test have no gain by any work needed, you will then know if he was right or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine passed the emissions last weeka and week before on LPG (1st garage gave me a fault list of 4 pages i thought bollocks the car is fine, took it to my mechanic and the garage he uses gave uper and lower front suspension arm fails and rear right thats just behind the brake disc at top, also my rear brakes which apparently didn't work at all the previous test and the hand brake the same passed with flying colours.....). So should be fine on gas if not it's been setup wrong.

Mine passed the emissions last weeka and week before on LPG (1st garage gave me a fault list of 4 pages i thought bollocks the car is fine, took it to my mechanic and the garage he uses gave uper and lower front suspension arm fails and rear right thats just behind the brake disc at top, also my rear brakes which apparently didn't work at all the previous test and the hand brake the same passed with flying colirs.....). So should be fine on gas if not it's been setup wrong.

last couple of weeks she has been kicking more than usual and she dies a little when changing over to gas like flat spot, so i am thinking she could do with a service or is there things i can clean myself? it a tartarini etagas multipoint any one any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links