Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Size

Evening guys,

just slammed the is on hsd coilovers, front is dropped about 50-60mm and rear 60-70mm however running 225/40/18's at the mo, i need to go skinnier so they dont catch the arch on lock..

the choice is:

215/40/18's

or

215/35/18's

any ideas guys please???

regards

jim

call me stupid but surely if its rubbing too much then why dont you raise the car a couple of mm??

Nobody would really be able to tell as its not like your raising it by alot and its gonna be one hell of alot cheaper than new tyres. also if you just stiffen the coilovers (assuming they have adjustable damping) then they wont rub on the top as there wont be enough movement/bodyroll for the arch to catch on the top of the tyre

Just a suggestion and normally i wouldnt tell anyone to raise thier car lol but its a possiblity

running 8x18's et35 rota d1 drifts.

already put the stiffness up on the coilovers.

its a nice tuck as low as it is but the 225 40's are catching, not sure whether to go 215/40' or 215/35's i want a bit of stretch, its not catching on the inner arch its the actual arch is catchin on,

regards

jim

Go with 215/40 like has already been recommended. 35 series is to low & will make the overall diameter of the tyre smaller than the OE spec.