Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Swaps?

200red

Was just looking at last months Banzai magazine and there was an article on a lex is200 with a 2jZ engine change I think. But what interested me was that he had mazda rx-8 alloys on them. Didn`t really tickle my fancy but was interesting to see.Are most jap alloys that interchangeable,obviously the number of studs count but? Just thought i`d throw that one out there for you all. Nothing important,just a passing thought :hehe:

i could be wrong but at a guess i think you are referring to loc member "sparkystav"s car - personally i like those alloys because they echo the oem style but in 18" - i think the wheels on an is are easy enough to source in all types but you have to pay attention to the offset

i could be wrong but at a guess i think you are referring to loc member "sparkystav"s car - personally i like those alloys because they echo the oem style but in 18" - i think the wheels on an is are easy enough to source in all types but you have to pay attention to the offset

Thats good to know. I think they look well with his car as it`s not over modified. Well they certainly look better than the standard lex alloys.I`m just more into the drift look alloys. B)

crikey - i thought stavs car was one of the most heavily modded cars around - although it is done quite proffessionally and tastefully imo - what do you call modding ?

Thats good to know. I think they look well with his car as it`s not over modified. Well they certainly look better than the standard lex alloys.I`m just more into the drift look alloys. B)

Thats what im looking for deep dish, split rim stagger fitment drift style wheels lol

Slowly getting there,

Just jumped on rx8oc and read about wheels and it seams that rx7 (Gen 3) wheels are the same fitment.

Thats what im looking for deep dish, split rim stagger fitment drift style wheels lol

Slowly getting there,

Just jumped on rx8oc and read about wheels and it seams that rx7 (Gen 3) wheels are the same fitment.

I hear you lad. The baby keeps the car funds to a minimum ;) The rx7 rims could be sweet.

crikey - i thought stavs car was one of the most heavily modded cars around - although it is done quite proffessionally and tastefully imo - what do you call modding ?

I mean in terms of body styling as far as I can remember . Tuning wise its a gem,no doubts :D