Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Most Annoying Thing About Your Is200?!

CD unit went bad, seatbelt issue and no cupholders. Beige alcantara wears out after wet cleaning.

(I have US IS300)

Some cure for you boys:

Swap your rear diff to IS300 rear unit. EU spec IS300 has 3.38 final drive (IS200 has 4.10). You´ll drop around 6-700 rpm. Save fuel on highway but dowside is it will get slower.

US IS300 has 3.90 final drive and it is 1.1 sec quicker from 0-60 compared to EU spec IS300.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that, but the irony is that US-spec cars don't have beeping instrument clusters. Plus, unlike here, their IS300 had a 5-speed manual option. :D

My pet hates;

- infamous knocking noise from front suspension/brakes/whateveritis

- Gearbox whine

- Clutch? I find it pretty hard to change the lower gears smoothly without a bit of a jolt or thud.

Sounds like you need to adjust the slack in your clutch pedal. I done it and it made a considerable difference, shifts are a lot smoother. Just slacken off the locknut on the master cylinder rod at the clutch pedal 12mm and turn the rod clockwise until you have freeplay in the clutch of about 1/2 inch. The easiest way to gauge this is press the clutch pedal with the power of your thumb only, pressing to you feel resistance in the pedal. Once you have it where you want it tighten the locknut. Do not tighten the pedal too much to the point where you have no freeplay as that will cause undue wear on the release bearing.

DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL JUDDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lex2oos, if you find you have a slight knock coming from the sunroof when its closed, try opening the roof stick your head out the hole and place a small bit of old wiper blade rubber in between the wind deflector and the car, it stops it banging when its closed.

Hope this helps.

Yes mate, its a pop up type, the roof pushes it back down but theres a small gap in-between it and the car body and this can bounce up n down and knock on the body and ***** you right off!!

So what i did was slip a small bit of wiper blade rubber in the gap to stop this.

I don't know if it's common or not but my fuel gauge only goes up when i put more than 20 quid in which does my nut in when its sitting on the pin with a score in the tank and i dont know how much I really have left!! and error 3 that comes and goes.. and flywheel judder.. and no low down power whatsoever.. accelerating out of a junction in low revs in second gear is a joke and if you put it in first its screaming on the redline! cup holders are useless and theres no armrest and if you use the flat bit on top of the sentre console for anything its just falls of when you take off because its smooth carpet. The wheels corrode in no time too.

Allsaid though i do like my car although it doesn't sound that way lol. Beautiful to look at and a nice comfortable drive even if it does my head in sometimes lol

I don't know if it's common or not but my fuel gauge only goes up when i put more than 20 quid in which does my nut in when its sitting on the pin with a score in the tank and i dont know how much I really have left!! and error 3 that comes and goes.. and flywheel judder.. and no low down power whatsoever.. accelerating out of a junction in low revs in second gear is a joke and if you put it in first its screaming on the redline! cup holders are useless and theres no armrest and if you use the flat bit on top of the sentre console for anything its just falls of when you take off because its smooth carpet. The wheels corrode in no time too.

Allsaid though i do like my car although it doesn't sound that way lol. Beautiful to look at and a nice comfortable drive even if it does my head in sometimes lol

My fuel gauge is the same. Although if the light is on it goes out if i put a tenner in but the needle doesn't move. So I don't worry unless the light is on :)

Must admit, I always half fill, which is about £45, so I've not noticed that. I used to do the tenner-a-time when I was younger, but realised I was just doing more fuel visits, so for the most part just brim everytime - although I've changed to half tank fills since getting the IS since the tank holds so much fuel and thus weight! My Rover must have had a tiny tank because it only cost forty something quid to fill up completely!

Sounds like you need to adjust the slack in your clutch pedal. I done it and it made a considerable difference, shifts are a lot smoother. Just slacken off the locknut on the master cylinder rod at the clutch pedal 12mm and turn the rod clockwise until you have freeplay in the clutch of about 1/2 inch. The easiest way to gauge this is press the clutch pedal with the power of your thumb only, pressing to you feel resistance in the pedal. Once you have it where you want it tighten the locknut. Do not tighten the pedal too much to the point where you have no freeplay as that will cause undue wear on the release bearing.

Thanks for the tip. I tried this and I must say it seems to have worked a treat. ^_^

I didn't have a massive amount of slack, so I just nipped-up the nut a little; maybe a quarter turn at most, but it definitely made an improvement.

I 'm happy with performance too... My passenger seat belt keeps getting caught in the door, I dont have front cup holders, so no probs there. That dreaded clunk you get from front nearside brakes. Cruise control, how does it work? I tried to operate it the other day, just couldn't get my head round it.