Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

remote entry has stopped working on my 93 LS400, dash switch is in correct position,fitted new Battery in remote key (only 1 remote key available unfortunately) so possible key has gone duff, doors work ok when key inserted as per old fashioned way, any thoughts appreciated.

regards CDX

Just a thought but,

I got three keys with my car, which i bought recently, (1993 LS400) and both the remote keys were broken, so i have been toying with the idea of either, getting a third party thatcham approved unit installed, or getting a couple of replacement keys from Lexus. I called Lexus at Sidcup, and even though the guy i spoke to sounded a little vaugue, he said something along the lines of 'if the Battery is left out of the remote unit for more than a minuite, they key would then need to be re programmed. He wasnt sure if this applied to the single button remotes, or if this only applied to the later cars, however one thing i did find out was that Lexus would quite happily charge me about 400 quid for two replcement keys!!!!!

Think ill be going to sounds alarming instead.

Phil.

Just a thought but,

I got three keys with my car, which i bought recently, (1993 LS400) and both the remote keys were broken, so i have been toying with the idea of either, getting a third party thatcham approved unit installed, or getting a couple of replacement keys from Lexus. I called Lexus at Sidcup, and even though the guy i spoke to sounded a little vaugue, he said something along the lines of 'if the battery is left out of the remote unit for more than a minuite, they key would then need to be re programmed. He wasnt sure if this applied to the single button remotes, or if this only applied to the later cars, however one thing i did find out was that Lexus would quite happily charge me about 400 quid for two replcement keys!!!!!

Think ill be going to sounds alarming instead.

Phil.

£400 pounds is bollocks. I paied £170 with Vat for two cut master keys and a new chip for the boot from Lexus Coventry parts for a UCF11 1993 model.

Hi

remote entry has stopped working on my 93 LS400, dash switch is in correct position,fitted new battery in remote key (only 1 remote key available unfortunately) so possible key has gone duff, doors work ok when key inserted as per old fashioned way, any thoughts appreciated.

regards CDX

If you've replaced the Battery which is the normal fault with those cars of the one button remote, Than as you have no back up key, Then just order a new key from Lexus. Give them your number plate number and they can send you one already cut.

I know he will mention you have to take the risk of the locks being replaced and the cut key not fitting, but If you're sure that the key is the orignal one the go for it.

if that then works just order a new oine again or pull the old one apart and see the connections inside.

Yep, i kid you not.

Nearly 400 quid for 2 keys. He even started talking about the possibility of having the central locking system replaced if the re programming was not successfull!!!

I know that the main stealers are always more expensive, but i thought that was absurd!!!!

Phil.

Yep, i kid you not.

Nearly 400 quid for 2 keys. He even started talking about the possibility of having the central locking system replaced if the re programming was not successfull!!!

I know that the main stealers are always more expensive, but i thought that was absurd!!!!

Phil.

I take it he was a new starter at Lexus.

Changing the central looking is also a lot of bollocks. The guy was taking crap. You only have to change the rear chip in the boot.

I used Lexus in Coventry or leicester as I use both, But it was two new master keys cut with a new chip and posted for £173.04 with the Vat included. They also included coipes of how to install the new chip and get it to work with the keys which was nice of them to do.

Yep, i kid you not.

Phil.

I take it he was a new starter at Lexus.

Changing the central looking is also a lot of bollocks. The guy was taking crap. You only have to change the rear chip in the boot.

I used Lexus in Coventry or leicester as I use both, But it was two new master keys cut with a new chip and posted for £173.04 with the Vat included. They also included coipes of how to install the new chip and get it to work with the keys which was nice of them to do.

Might give those fellas a try. They nearly scared me off of going anywhere near a main dealer altogether. I had given up on the idea of getting the factory remotes working again, and was just gonna get a third party system installed, but now it appears there is hope!.

Thanks for that mate. Will let ya know how i get on.

even if you buy a new key and chip its not definatly gonna work i got two new keys and a chip for mine and it is still not working, i think i may know why though it says that you have to follow the precedure to sync the keys but this didnt work for me, but when i came to fix a fault on the drivers door lever i found a microswitch inside the motor housing and since all my central locking works my theory is that it detects the pressing of the drivers manual door lock which is part of the procedure for the sync and this little switch is completely destroyed by rot and its part of the system so i dont even wanna know what the drivers motor housing costs anyway i believe that withought that switch sync is not possible so i have given up.

Thanks for input,

sorry for late response been a bit under the weather, the cars been knocked back in the meantime since my post for a few brake pipes and an upper front wishbone so will concentrate on these issues first. I will sort out the remote issue at a later date using your advice as a reference.

regards CDX.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links