Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Boughta 220D - Am I The Only Happy One?

Helo all,

Just bought a 220D and stumbled on this really useful site. Just wondering if I am th eonly happy one? :blink:

OK it's no ballerina of the line but for something to waft you up and down the motorway with a bit of overtaking grunt I think it's great.

It's an 07 with 42K on the clock and the MPG is about 37-41 which isn't so bad for something this size, I'm amazed at how many people are shocked by this figure. Try running a 350Z! After a while you just think sod it - it's the a small price to pay for smiling all the way to work and all the way home again! :whistling: but still NOWHERE near as bad as my friends RX8 which seems to gulp both oil and petrol.

Just found a really intersting thread on the EGR vlalve thing, am going to do some digging but has anyone done th blank off thing AND put it through the MOT? Just wondering if it prompts difficult questions or is it even detectable?

Also, how do I know if it's had all the necessary stuff done due to recalls - waranty has run out - I'm not particularly worried as it is running perfectly but it's always nice to know. Is it just a case of ringing up the dealer on the last SH stamp?

Cheers

hello mate and welcome to the club - im a 200 owner so cant really comment on the 220 but i wouldnt panic too much about being happy - its just people tend to discuss problems and answers on these sites as much as if not more then just singing a cars praises all the time which would in truth get a bit sickly if we all crowed on about how much we loved our lexus

Welcome to the club from another contented 22O driver.

I'm on my second; the first being a company car that ran great for 45k miles over 3 years and the second bought with my own money (well Lexus Finance but they'll get it all back). The first one got better on fuel with age and this one is doing the same (only 14k to date), so stick with it. Long motorway runs should give you 45mpg +, it's the town driving that gets thirsty.

I believe all recall work should be registered on Lexus central database so your local dealer should be able to give you details, assuming it has been serviced at a main dealer.

Enjoy it.

Phone any lexus dealer and give them your reg number. If there is any outstanding recall it should pop-up in their system. You can even ask them to check the history of the car, i.e. what recall has been done and when. I bought mine in January from a private dealer - I phoned up my local main dealer to ask for a quote on the next service and the system just popped up with two recalls. I've also asked them to check with the other dealer where it used to be serviced (as in the service stamps) for the history of the recalls that has been done.

Helo all,

Just bought a 220D and stumbled on this really useful site. Just wondering if I am th eonly happy one? blink.gif

OK it's no ballerina of the line but for something to waft you up and down the motorway with a bit of overtaking grunt I think it's great.

It's an 07 with 42K on the clock and the MPG is about 37-41 which isn't so bad for something this size, I'm amazed at how many people are shocked by this figure. Try running a 350Z! After a while you just think sod it - it's the a small price to pay for smiling all the way to work and all the way home again! whistling.gif but still NOWHERE near as bad as my friends RX8 which seems to gulp both oil and petrol.

Just found a really intersting thread on the EGR vlalve thing, am going to do some digging but has anyone done th blank off thing AND put it through the MOT? Just wondering if it prompts difficult questions or is it even detectable?

Also, how do I know if it's had all the necessary stuff done due to recalls - waranty has run out - I'm not particularly worried as it is running perfectly but it's always nice to know. Is it just a case of ringing up the dealer on the last SH stamp?

Cheers

Welcome to LOC m8. I am extatic with my 220D. I changed from an IS200 sport which I also loved. Lexus is a premium brand, and despite some of the moans and groans on here, they are a truly wonderful car. Having had a plethora od different cars over the years, BMW, Volvo etc, I can honestly say my own personal experience with Lexus's has been wonderful. Yes, be happy that you have a great car that shines on refinement, reliability and individuality.

Col hehe.gifmsn-wink.gif

Love mine too

i am glad the winter months are over so i can get my MPG back up to mid 40s

mine is a very first 220d, dated Dec 05 i only have 46K on the clock,

all recalls have been done (but touch me head) (wood) i have never had any items fail,

i too would like to do the EGR Valve clean, as i feel it could probably do with it now.

and it shines like new. but i have looked after it well (as i paid for it) not a company car

regs

Matt

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links