Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Saying Goodbye And Opinions Please

Hello all, hope every one is well, as i havent posted on here for some time now :whistling:

Anyway i am going to be putting my IS200 SE up for sale very soon, as my girl friend has just got her self a new career as a trainiee social worker she has always wanted a job in this field. Which means she doesnt need to get a bus to work everyday, but she needs a small practical car to get around town in. But she doesnt have the money on so to buy a car at the mo, but being the good boy friend and lover that i am :winky: :) ! I have decided to sell the lexus use the money from that to buy her a small practical, cheap to run car. This does mean i can get a fun car once again which shall put a huge :D :D :D. on my face. B)

So iam cosidering for myself:

Toyota MR2, i know these cars very well after owning a mint mk1, my dad owned a mk1, my brother having a mk2 and his ex had a mk3.

Honda CRX, i mean the old school mk2 shape not the hairdress ones you see around now. love them but have never owned one. My friend neil is CRX mad. I have learnt alot about them from him, so think i shall being cheaky and ask him if i could have spin in his?

VW corrado, 2L 16V or VR6. Fell in love them when a friend of mine owned one a years ago. But dont know a great deal about them. I have joined there forum looking information on them.

Would like people's opinions on these especialy if you have owned any of them. The good and bad points of owning them and so on. After typing this up first thing morning iam now running late for work, good thing its a friday!!!!!!

I really liked my CRX and kept it nice ...

Mk2 version - the nice curvy one with 1.6i 16v engine.

ED9 model, D16A9 engine for those that know :shifty: , not the vtec.

Vicki Butler-Henderson popped round with a photographer when she worked at Max Power.

It then appeared in the 'readers cars' section of the mag. :blush:

Ages ago I know as I've just dug it out to check - Oct '93 issue.

It's a difficult choice as to which was my favourite, the CRX or the IS200 ...

Tried an MR2 turbo (SW20 model) after the CRX.

Bought from a Japanese import company in Ireland.

Flew there, drove it back and did a personal import.

Think I definitely have a preference for Japanese cars B)

TG

I am considered a MR2 mk2 turbo (tubby), drove my uncles tubby that was mental! Great fun. I would love to have 1 but the only problem with an mr2 is the lack of boot space. I know the missus will have a hatch back but i dont want to rely on her if i buy somthing to big for the so called boot. If i was to have a Celica it would have to be a GT4

1 vote for MR2 mk2

I used to own one (MK2 Rev3)

Its very reliable & fun to drive,

if i were you, i will go for rev5 ( Gen 4 BEAMS engine, similar to the one used in Altezza )

think its cheaper to run than a turbo

and definitely less things to go wrong

I personally wont buy a rev1 or 2, since they are getting really old and their suspension setup (handling) is worse than rev3 onwards.

A few mates have had the MR2 Mk2 and tbh i never found them any good unless you go for the tubby version

I must agree with you the turbo is the only way to go when looking at MR2 MK2's, the NA is a bit sluggish due to its power to weight ratio. The mk1 is the best way for handling and great power to weight ratio.

But i think iam going to go for a CRX, after speaking to my mate and looking at the boot space u actualy get aswell. Just need to make my mind up on either the 16V or VT engine as there isnt much difference in performance or MPG. You just get a few extra goodies and a slighty different front bumper.

I had a Rev1 MK2 which I bought for £150. It was a decent car, but not exactly fun to drive!

I'd opt for a vtec crx. My ex had one and it was a right hoot! Definitly a track weapon!!!

But if I were in your shoes, i'd go for a MK1/2 MX5. Their the most fun you can have for under a grand! Your get the odd hairdresser comment, but you cant beat em on the twistys!

Bruce

I had a Rev1 MK2 which I bought for £150. It was a decent car, but not exactly fun to drive!

I'd opt for a vtec crx. My ex had one and it was a right hoot! Definitly a track weapon!!!

But if I were in your shoes, i'd go for a MK1/2 MX5. Their the most fun you can have for under a grand! Your get the odd hairdresser comment, but you cant beat em on the twistys!

Bruce

Or for a little extra poke you could get the eunos roadster (however its spelt). Its a 1.8 instead of a 1.6