Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Extended Warranty

Dupe

My IS220d recently failed while travelling the M69 at night. I limped to Leicestr Forest Services and an AA engineer determined a fault with the Particulate Filter, he stated that this is becoming a quite common fault. I was transported home and the car on to my dealer. Although I had lost an expensively pre-paid weekend, I slept compfortable in the knowledge that my car had been serviced to schedule by the main dealer and was covered by a Lexus Extended Warranty.

What a surprise when my dealer telephoned me with the cost of repair to be in the region of £1500, and that this was not covered by the warranty.

I have owned 5 Toyotas and this Lexus, all from new; the ones I keep after 3 years, I extend the warrenty for piece of mind!

Has anyboy else experience of Extended Warrenty claims or ways to resolve disputes?

Dpe

My IS220d recently failed while travelling the M69 at night. I limped to Leicestr Forest Services and an AA engineer determined a fault with the Particulate Filter, he stated that this is becoming a quite common fault. I was transported home and the car on to my dealer. Although I had lost an expensively pre-paid weekend, I slept compfortable in the knowledge that my car had been serviced to schedule by the main dealer and was covered by a Lexus Extended Warranty.

What a surprise when my dealer telephoned me with the cost of repair to be in the region of £1500, and that this was not covered by the warranty.

I have owned 5 Toyotas and this Lexus, all from new; the ones I keep after 3 years, I extend the warrenty for piece of mind!

Has anyboy else experience of Extended Warrenty claims or ways to resolve disputes?

Dpe

Fortunately everything I have claimed for have been covered and the one occasion when it was not my dealer spoke to Lexus UK and because historically the car was having problems with the braking system Lexus UK agreed to supply the part(discs)free of charge and they were fitted free of charge by the dealer.