Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In Praise Of Meguires

lexynik

hello all-having read all the recent discussions regarding the best cleaners etc and inspired by all the people doing spring cleans on their cars in this lovely spring weather i got round to giving my car its first going over since i got it - i clayed it first with bilt hamber then washed it again and went a bit meguires mad in Halfords on the three for the price of two 3 stage treatment - scratch remover(which was incredible)-polish-again lovely and the gf interrupted me for chauffer duties so i didnt get to number 3 final polish - the results quite frankly are astounding to me- i never realised how much flake is in the metallic green cars-wow does it sparkle and shine now in the sunlight- i didnt do before and after fotos as tbh i wasnt expecting the results i got but i will do it all over again from top to toe and take some pictures - i was an Autoglym man before today but i have to say i am a meguires convert now - highly recommended for metallic green lexus owners

hello all-having read all the recent discussions regarding the best cleaners etc and inspired by all the people doing spring cleans on their cars in this lovely spring weather i got round to giving my car its first going over since i got it - i clayed it first with bilt hamber then washed it again and went a bit meguires mad in halfords on the three for the price of two 3 stage treatment - scratch remover(which was incredible)-polish-again lovely and the gf interrupted me for chauffer duties so i didnt get to number 3 final polish - the results quite frankly are astounding to me- i never realised how much flake is in the metallic green cars-wow does it sparkle and shine now in the sunlight- i didnt do before and after fotos as tbh i wasnt expecting the results i got but i will do it all over again from top to toe and take some pictures - i was an autoglym man before today but i have to say i am a meguires convert now - highly recommended for metallic green lexus owners

wait until you start using other products like poorboys and dodo juice if youve been impressed with megs! :winky:

hmm - i must admit im more of a driver then a polisher but ill give em a go on your reccomendation john if theyre better then megs - which to me seems better then Autoglym - i think i need a new house with a good size garage and maybe a new car to really get me fired up on the detailing bug - well impressed though even if the seagulls had dive bombed it by the next time i went out to the car - its like they score extra points for c******g on a freshly shined car !

hi guys it looks good nik but if u think three stage was good try gold class its megs also i used on my last car after the three stage and it looked like mirror thought it was show clean and its easy its wipe on wipe off no hard rubbing it seems to last long thats my way to go but everyone has there own system i think ballpark price about £15 some of others talked about are better but also big money i was cleaning under bonnet today and a tip for cleaning i used wd40 on cloth wiped every thing come up good even hoses looked new . gary

• 1 month later...

Better products out there than megs matey, especially with internet stores. can get good prices/deal on the megs stuff, like you say with Halfords 3 for 2's

I personally use cleanyourcar.co.uk.

I have a platinum ice IS300 and use a selection of other makes to get that swirl free, wet look.

I use poorboys 'white diamond' and dodo juice 'lime prime lite' after polishing and top with collinite 476s in the winter and dodo juie 'supernatural' in the summer.

Then use either dodo juice 'red mist' or chemical guys 'quick detailer' to keep it spick and span til the next wash.

I cannot recommend 'glazing' before polishing enough.

For darker colours like yours try poorboys 'blackhole'.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought some "Meguiar’s - Ultimate Compound" after it was recommended in Car Mechanics mag

as I have loads of fine scratches on the roof, the car is "Lexus Dark Silver" what do you guys think of this for the job?

Also heard some horror stories (link below) from using i,t again comments please?

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30356