Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1St Proper Wash And Polish

Hi folks,

I've had the car for about a month now and i've been meaning to get some photos of it posted up but what with the crappy weather I havent been able to get any decent photo opportunities.

Gave the car a good wash, clay and polish today so thought i'd stick some pics up.

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00173-1.jpg

DSC00174-1.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

Not the greatest pics as they were taken with the camera on my phone so apologies.

Its totally standard apart from I added a set of Aero wiper blades and some better headlamp bulbs.

Plans

- Full service with cam belt and water pump in the next couple of weeks.

- need to get the front bumper painted as the previous owner has scuffed it

- fancy getting the bonnet painted at the same time as the bumper as theres a few stone chips on it.

- I bought a spare set of wheels to refurbish so they'll go on too.

- Fancy a GROM kit but that will be after my summer holiday

- Want a stainless backbox as the tailpipe on mines is a rusty mess.

me thinks you need to spray the front wing too when you do the bonnet and bumper. looks like its had a respray and not matched up properly. thats the trouble with silver. always stands out.

It may just be the lighting :unsure:

ive been meaning to clay my car but just wondering how long it takes. Does it take long? i washed my car and alloys and was too tired to start waxing it.

thats kinda like a bit of string I'm afraid...every cars different but shouldnt take too long.

Think I maybe took an hour to go over it but it wasnt too bad to be honest.

Although I didnt do the front bumper

me thinks you need to spray the front wing too when you do the bonnet and bumper. looks like its had a respray and not matched up properly. thats the trouble with silver. always stands out.

Which picture you looking at??

Definatley doesnt seem to have been painted and all matches very well in the flesh

Which picture you looking at??

Definatley doesnt seem to have been painted and all matches very well in the flesh

I think he is talking about front left wing - it seems it has a bit different look than the doors on the left side. Left wing matches the bonnet and front bumper tho.

DSC00172.jpg

Ah I see it now...it does indeed look different there but it definately matches up perfect in real life.

Dont know if it would make much of a difference but I didnt polish or wax the front wings and bonnet as I touched up a few wee stone chips so maybe why it looks a bit different in that photo??

Difficult to tell - could be the reason. It was the same with my car. You couldn't almost see the difference from the wing and the driver's door, but the color looked different in photos. I had my car hit by some guy and got the doors repainted with gradient over the wind and it is perfectly fine now - would definitely have left it as it was, if the doors wouldn't have had to be repainted.

hey man

nice looking sexus , have your headlights got some oxidation (misty , dirty , cloudy wont come off) or is it just the lighting of the photo ?

my lights were oxidized pretty bad and i bought this 2 stage liquid from e bay called magic liquid ,its from the states so it cost £20 with shipping, it came in the post yesterday after a few weeks and i tried it out and although i was a little sceptical it worked like a charm ,theres nothing like a nice set of sparkly diamond like headlights and with a full set of xenons also from e bay (full set for both sides,main,head and side for a tenner!) which have a blue glass which reflects inside when your lights when they are off and look pretty cool.

hey man

nice looking sexus , have your headlights got some oxidation (misty , dirty , cloudy wont come off) or is it just the lighting of the photo ?

my lights were oxidized pretty bad and i bought this 2 stage liquid from e bay called magic liquid ,its from the states so it cost £20 with shipping, it came in the post yesterday after a few weeks and i tried it out and although i was a little sceptical it worked like a charm ,theres nothing like a nice set of sparkly diamond like headlights and with a full set of xenons also from e bay (full set for both sides,main,head and side for a tenner!) which have a blue glass which reflects inside when your lights when they are off and look pretty cool.

You sure your not advertising? This is written exactly the same as your topic

As above ^^^^^ front passenger side wing not matching at all well unfortunately-i wouldnt of mentioned it but as it has been pointed out it is the front passenger wing - the platinum ice colour is the hardest to get right im told

hey man

You sure your not advertising? This is written exactly the same as your topic

lol no !! someone already asked me in my topic if it was an ad ,i wrote this first and then just copied and pasted it into a new topic in case nobody saw it in this thread , wished i hadnt bothered now .