Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rotating Noise Driver Side

TDA

Hi Guys, got a bit of canandrumm, recently I change brakes, mintex and they are quiet sharp, anyway. Took a trip down south to Cornwall, very nice by the way, love the people and service, we should summer more in the uk even when is winter, once again anyway, 300 miles round trip and everything fine. Park the car for 2 days and when to work, as one those with the music blasting away and for some reason something was not right. So I kill the music and there it was a funny rotating noise, the faster you when the noise it got, but not when you when around a curve, as soon as you when again on straight line it come back.

Maybe as little as dirt but I had the car for sometime now and never that noise, any ideas anyone????

My friend is mech and I always like to get it them right before him, he thinks am not good at the stuff, am not to bad actually but he does not know that. Last time when the coils when he said was the catalyst, so dont take the car to him really he has not idea.

Any help will be great otherwise to the rip off merchants AKA Toyota family.

Thank you all

I know what I would do...Find out what side the noise is coming from and then have a look by taking off the wheel/s and see if you can spot anything?

That would be my first steps.

Thank Abass, did that and nothing, had a good spray air gun to it, just incase it was something stock there and nothing still the same.

• 2 weeks later...

have you tried the dust shield, may have been slightly bent when changing pads, try bending it away from the disc

Good call Bazza, Ill try tonight Ta

Right I try the dust shield and nothing noise still there a getting a little louder, also when I turn left it disapeared, as soon as i turn the wheel back to straight it come back, if i turn right the noise remaind?? anymore help??

Thank you

Did you change the rear disc/drums as well. When I changed mine a couple of years ago, I had a noise like you describe, but I did the fronts as back on different days so new it was at the back somewhere. When I took it apart there was scraping between the dus shield as a groove at the rear of the disc hammered it away a bit and it went away. In fact, thinking about it, before I changed them, the originals used to make a noise only when I turned right, so I guess its cos of slight movement in the bearings.

Gareth

Did you change the rear disc/drums as well. When I changed mine a couple of years ago, I had a noise like you describe, but I did the fronts as back on different days so new it was at the back somewhere. When I took it apart there was scraping between the dus shield as a groove at the rear of the disc hammered it away a bit and it went away. In fact, thinking about it, before I changed them, the originals used to make a noise only when I turned right, so I guess its cos of slight movement in the bearings.

Gareth

Thanks Gareth will check the lot now on the weekend

TDA