Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have just placed a deposit on my used approved is250 sport cadaxton slate with multimedia, collect next week :D I thought I had done plenty of research on here regarding the car but just found out the price hike on car tax cos of the manual gearbox it has, am thinking should I have gone for the auto as everyone keeps raving about how smooth it is !! has anyone got any positives about the manual or is it always a 2nd place, dont know if its just me but I have always felt more enjoyment from driving with manual gear changes but now with the tax kick in the teeth maybe should of looked at auto's only

:duh:

I always thought I was a manual gearbox lover but after driving both types of the IS250 gearboxes for weekends I was converted to auto and bought one. No regrets and yes its very very smooth and cheaper to run with less CO2 emissions. Auto is combined 209 and manual combined 227 g/Km

Band K 201-225 £245.00/year

Band L 226-255 £425.00/year

Hope that helps.

Thanks

I have just placed a deposit on my used approved is250 sport cadaxton slate with multimedia, collect next week biggrin.gif I thought I had done plenty of research on here regarding the car but just found out the price hike on car tax cos of the manual gearbox it has, am thinking should I have gone for the auto as everyone keeps raving about how smooth it is !! has anyone got any positives about the manual or is it always a 2nd place, dont know if its just me but I have always felt more enjoyment from driving with manual gear changes but now with the tax kick in the teeth maybe should of looked at auto's only

wacko.gif

With the auto you have the 'S' option to select manual changes using either the stick or the paddles, so best of both worlds really. I'm sure the auto is quicker too. Several peeps on here have suggested the paddle change is no quicker than kick down mode with the auto box, but from my experience in 'S' paddle mode it's much quicker has it holds the lower gears longer.

Taking into account the difference in tax, the better mpg and the option to play in 'manual' if you feel the need to, choosing the auto is a no brainer really, and yes the auto box is as smooth as silk.

I have just placed a deposit on my used approved is250 sport cadaxton slate with multimedia, collect next week biggrin.gif I thought I had done plenty of research on here regarding the car but just found out the price hike on car tax cos of the manual gearbox it has, am thinking should I have gone for the auto as everyone keeps raving about how smooth it is !! has anyone got any positives about the manual or is it always a 2nd place, dont know if its just me but I have always felt more enjoyment from driving with manual gear changes but now with the tax kick in the teeth maybe should of looked at auto's only

wacko.gif

With the auto you have the 'S' option to select manual changes using either the stick or the paddles, so best of both worlds really. I'm sure the auto is quicker too. Several peeps on here have suggested the paddle change is no quicker than kick down mode with the auto box, but from my experience in 'S' paddle mode it's much quicker has it holds the lower gears longer.

Taking into account the difference in tax, the better mpg and the option to play in 'manual' if you feel the need to, choosing the auto is a no brainer really, and yes the auto box is as smooth as silk.

DOH !! should of gone for the auto ! didn't realise there were so many plusses specially the road tax rip off !

niver mind, sure i'll love the new lex! only 5 days to go !!!!!!!

Don't worry, I ordered mine just before the 2007 budget when they announced the new tax brackets. Luckily the garage paid the new tax to put it on the road. The 250 Sport Auto was not available when we bought ours, but we did try two other 250 automatics and i found the same as with the IS200 that i always fealt in the wrong gear. Lucklily my wife agreed and we bought the manual. Its horse for courses, some like automatics, some don't. The engine will pull in most gears if you forget which one you are in. So just be greatful you are not getting stung £1000 tax to buy a new one. :crybaby:

:winky: Ok Thanks, Lexus Coventry are paying for 12 months tax which is great, and I must say they have been spot on to deal with, Recommended !!

6 days to go and then to decide wether its starting on the mod road, dont like pimpin too much but think maybe kit and spoiler enhances the 250