Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Sales Suspended In Us

I see this morning that sales of the Lexus 4WD GX460 are suspended in the US, because consumer reports published a "Don't Buy/Safety Risk" on the vehicle. It seems that under extreme provocation on a test track, the rear of the GX460 "slid out" and they believed this situation could cause a rollover accident. (No such incidents have been reported for this vehicle.)

What worries me is this: I have noticed in my LS400 that if I stamp on the throttle at 20mph whilst negotiating a wet roundabout as fast as I dare, the gearbox kicks down and the tail comes out. Should I give up driving it?

I see this morning that Lexus Sales of their 4WD GX460 are suspended in the US, because consumer reports published a "Don't Buy/Safety Risk" on the vehicle. It seems that under extreme provocation on a test track, the rear of the GX460 "slid out" and they believed this situation could cause a rollover accident. (No such incidents have been reported for this vehicle.)

What worries me is this: I have noticed in my LS400 that if I stamp on the throttle at 20mph whilst negotiating a wet roundabout as fast as I dare, the car kicks down and the tail comes out. Should I give up driving it?

Yes !

or get the doctors to connect your right foot back up to your brain :lol:

What worries me is this: I have noticed in my LS400 that if I stamp on the throttle at 20mph whilst negotiating a wet roundabout as fast as I dare, the gearbox kicks down and the tail comes out. Should I give up driving it?

I've found this on my LS430 too and it generally happens when I press the VSC button first. I'm going to stop driving it and demand that Lexus disable the VSC button immediately! :hehe:

THat's why I sold my Ser 3, thinking that Ser 4 (with Traction control) wouldn't do it! :shifty:

But usually I just cruise, being a retired person now! Got to fit the image (he said with long flowing hair!)

Anyone want an 85K mile Ser 4? Only £4000 :tomato:

jellybean - I would be very worried. What happens if you approach a sharp bend at 60mph and then don't brake in your Lexus? What would happen if you left your Lexus unlocked overnight and someone opened the door and stole your belongings? What would happen if your braked from 40mph in heavy snow as you approached a queue of traffic?

My god, I am seriously worried now and will be returning my 8 year old LS430 back to the dealer and demand a full refund as it is clearly not fit for purpose.

jellybean - I would be very worried. What happens if you approach a sharp bend at 60mph and then don't brake in your Lexus? What would happen if you left your Lexus unlocked overnight and someone opened the door and stole your belongings? What would happen if your braked from 40mph in heavy snow as you approached a queue of traffic?

My god, I am seriously worried now and will be returning my 8 year old LS430 back to the dealer and demand a full refund as it is clearly not fit for purpose.

Yes, these risks are indeed frightening. I am thinking of barricading myself indoors, with a large mattress tied around me in case I trip over the cat, and a saucepan on my noddle for good measure.

I've stopped driving my 10 year old IS200- I'm frightened in case it tries to kill me.

We are a bunch of silly billies. There is really no need to panic. This sort of thing only happens in America where they are not used to corners or bends in the road.

I think you guys are so funny............. inc my missis......

she wants to sell her RX and get a BM X5 today.....

"it's not safe for my son" she said..........

Been doing some research on this whole back end/cruiseing in lanes/not stopping at 40 in the snow phenomenon and it turns out to be down to one common fault..."the nut behind the wheel" I was told.... I've taken a large spanner and removed the retaining nut,I'm just off for a 120 MPH test drive, I'll let you know how it goes :D

Been doing some research on this whole back end/cruiseing in lanes/not stopping at 40 in the snow phenomenon and it turns out to be down to one common fault..."the nut behind the wheel" I was told.... I've taken a large spanner and removed the retaining nut,I'm just off for a 120 MPH test drive, I'll let you know how it goes biggrin.gif

oh you lucky thing - i cant even tell when im doin 120 since i removed the speedo and clocks cos they gave off a terrifying and blinding red glow at night !! still all fixed now but i do seem to be getting a lot of tickets to do with goin too fast for some reason

Been doing some research on this whole back end/cruiseing in lanes/not stopping at 40 in the snow phenomenon and it turns out to be down to one common fault..."the nut behind the wheel" I was told.... I've taken a large spanner and removed the retaining nut,I'm just off for a 120 MPH test drive, I'll let you know how it goes biggrin.gif

oh you lucky thing - i cant even tell when im doin 120 since i removed the speedo and clocks cos they gave off a terrifying and blinding red glow at night !! still all fixed now but i do seem to be getting a lot of tickets to do with goin too fast for some reason

Mate down the pub told me, the tickets are for information only. If you already know you were speeding, you dont have to do anything about them.

Thats what i was told anyway. :hehe::hehe:

Mate down the pub told me, the tickets are for information only. If you already know you were speeding, you dont have to do anything about them.

Thats what i was told anyway. :hehe::hehe:

I will miss this banter when someone buys my lovely LS400. Will the loss bring back my sanity?

• 2 weeks later...