Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm coming up to the 100,000 mile timing belt change on my 2001 LS430 in the next couple of months. I remember when I did the 120,000 mile change on my old LS400 it was generally recommended to get the water pump changed at the same time as they have a tendency to go shortly after and you had to dismantle half the engine again. Is this the same for the LS430, do they use the same water pump or does the LS430 tend to last longer?

On a side note, I get the dreaded click sometimes when I try to start the engine. It's only occasionally at the moment, but I'm tempted to get the dealer to take a look at it whilst they're doing the timing belt. I assume they'll change it rather than refurbishing it, but I'll ask the question.

I'm coming up to the 100,000 mile timing belt change on my 2001 LS430 in the next couple of months. I remember when I did the 120,000 mile change on my old LS400 it was generally recommended to get the water pump changed at the same time as they have a tendency to go shortly after and you had to dismantle half the engine again. Is this the same for the LS430, do they use the same water pump or does the LS430 tend to last longer?

On a side note, I get the dreaded click sometimes when I try to start the engine. It's only occasionally at the moment, but I'm tempted to get the dealer to take a look at it whilst they're doing the timing belt. I assume they'll change it rather than refurbishing it, but I'll ask the question.

Hi , I only have an old LS400 and my previous one had 189k miles on the clock when I gave it away and there was never any thought in my mind that the water pump would " go " !

I would reckon it should last 100's of 000's of miles.

Malc

I would second or third that change it for peace of mind 200,000 miles would be a bit much to ask of a water pump.

Very good point. It depends how long I'm keeping to for though... :D

I'm the cautious type though, so I'll probably get it done.