Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Player Not Working

HI Guys

Help. I just bought my IS200 its an 03 plate. The standard lex 6 cd player isnt working. I'm getting an 'Err 1' and 'Err 3' when I try to load and play a CD. Is this a standard problem? if so what can be done for it ?

Thanks

Common problem which can be very costly to rectify. Someone on eBay advertises a repair service which costs around £220. If you bought from a dealer I would take it back for them to resolve.

+1 on the return to dealership you bought it from

If you bought it private, rip it out, smash it with a big hammer, then go get yourself aftermarket headunit, fascia & harness, it's the best thing you'll ever do.

Welcome to the club by the way :winky:

hi guys i have a 2000 w reg is200 my cd player dont work either aswell as the tuner has gone in the radio so cant get fm side of the radio so bummed but not bothered!

what wireing harness will i need? and with the amp under the glovebox will it need something else to put an aftermarket head unit in like one of them double dins??

aswell where can i get the facia to fit such headunits? i have looked on eBay and they only seem to have single din ones unless thats how they come and u cut them like airfix stuff??

sorry to put so may qns ur way just got this running around my head lol

cheers guys im sam bitherway B) :duh:

hi guys i have a 2000 w reg is200 my cd player dont work either aswell as the tuner has gone in the radio so cant get fm side of the radio so bummed but not bothered!

what wireing harness will i need? and with the amp under the glovebox will it need something else to put an aftermarket head unit in like one of them double dins??

aswell where can i get the facia to fit such headunits? i have looked on ebay and they only seem to have single din ones unless thats how they come and u cut them like airfix stuff??

sorry to put so may qns ur way just got this running around my head lol

cheers guys im sam bitherway B) :duh:

Hi Sam

I've found this facia for a single din unit. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lexus-Stereo-Fascia-Dashboard-Adaptor/dp/B002RXEYG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1271627972&sr=8-1

rip out the lex headunit. plug this facia kit in and then add a aftermarket headunit.

Thanks

Knightwing23

the headunit have a common problem so theres is three option you have

1.go aftermarket

2.get a used headunit off eBay then again you dont know how long that will last

3.connect your ipod to the headunit you have and use that

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links