Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

High Miles Is220D?

hi all, new here so bear with me. I recently test drove an is220d. I fell in love with it instantly. Im blessed to have drove some realy expensive prestige cars, so have experienced driving comfort, i could realy live with the lexus. Being late 20's i didnt fall for it until i sat in one. The looks realy grow on you. I could never afford a new one so i have a bit of cash for a second hand one. 06/07 plate. The one i test drove had 100,000 on the clock but drove like a new car. Im currently driving an 03 tdci mondeo on 110k, so i know diesels can do so many miles these days. What are the general things to look out for with these cars with 100+k? I know a clutch on a mondeo has lasted me well over 50k. I just need a few words of wisdom before i take the plunge. Any advice is most welcome. Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

in a car like this crucial to check things properly of course. body panel gaps make sure there all even, and any other acident damage all he usual second hand car checklist. im no epert on the is but do your research and for peace of mind take a rac inspector with you or a mechanic. a good thing would be to see if the mpg is about right, open the bonet when starting the car cold thats listein for any dodgy noises. one of the best things to do. is test drive two cars that way you can tell a diiference between the two. like is said im no expert on the is but all the usual checks and you should be fine.

hope this helps pas

in a car like this crucial to check things properly of course. body panel gaps make sure there all even, and any other acident damage all he usual second hand car checklist. im no epert on the is but do your research and for peace of mind take a rac inspector with you or a mechanic. a good thing would be to see if the mpg is about right, open the bonet when starting the car cold thats listein for any dodgy noises. one of the best things to do. is test drive two cars that way you can tell a diiference between the two. like is said im no expert on the is but all the usual checks and you should be fine.

hope this helps pas

yes it did mate thanks. Put a deposit down on one, picking it up friday. Decided to go for one with 60k, couldnt see the point of getting a new car thats done more miles than my old one. spent the whole of the weekend visiting showrooms. Your right about test driving 2. This one felt so much tighter than the last. think im gonna be a happy man. role on friday. cheers :winky: