Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TTE Supercharger

lexicon

Well for a laugh, I asked my dealer what their attitude to the TTE S/C was with respect to warranties etc.

The service manager gave me a blank look and then said "never heard of it". He suggested that I speak to Lexus GB about it.

So I rang them, and they said "warranty would be void on any part affected by it's installation", which I took to mean engine, transmission and ecu (depends how you define "affected" I suppose).

That being the case - I ain't getting one :(

Seems to contradict with what others have said though.

would it affect it say Lexus fitted it?

The impression I got was; it's not approved by Lexus GB, so fit it at your own risk.

To be honest, I was more surprised that the dealer had never even heard of it.

I'll be wanting to move it on before the warranty expires (probably) - just have to get a 300 next time, IF they give us a manual box.

surely if you had TTE fit it then the warranty would be unaffected.

i mean, TTE is part of toyota, they make the compressor so it is therefore a genuine toyota part fitted by toyota

how can that be bad?

if lexus gb say that lexus is not toyota i intend to argue that my engine cover and rear lights (to name a few components) both say toyota on them so stop talking bs :)

i'm hoping to get mine done this summer (by TTE if possible), along with suspension & probably exhaust - i can't wait much longer :D

Hello

TGB do not authorise the fitment of the supercharger system in the UK because they did not get type approval for it. Hence none of the dealers are aware of it. It will invalidate your TGB warranty.

The main difference between the UK and the rest of Europe ( in my view) is that TGB is not actually owned by Toyota, but is a privately owned plc, so they make their own decisions what they do and don't sell. That is based on my opinion and not any inside information. I will stand corrected if anyone knows better ;-)