Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Mk Ii Rear Mounted Bike Rack

Have searched on here and found a few threads discussing this question but from what I can find only tow bar based ones have been fitted with the mkII RX300 due to the spoiler. Has anyone been successful in attaching a rear mounted rack which doesn't require a tow bar?

Someone in a previous thread mentioned a long discussion on the topic but I couldn't find it. If there is one and you can post a link, that would be great!

Thanks for your help.

Damian

Hello namesake!

I looked long and hard into this for my RX, never found one except for a towbar one. I just ended up part dismantling bikes and putting them in the boot. A roof carrier wasn't an option either really, too unstable IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...

Have searched on here and found a few threads discussing this question but from what I can find only tow bar based ones have been fitted with the mkII RX300 due to the spoiler. Has anyone been successful in attaching a rear mounted rack which doesn't require a tow bar?

Someone in a previous thread mentioned a long discussion on the topic but I couldn't find it. If there is one and you can post a link, that would be great!

Thanks for your help.

Damian

Hello, not sure if you are still interested, but I have one which I bought from Halfords. There is not many rear bike carriers for the RX300 which fit to the car without a towbar, but this one does. I have only used mine once, so it may be up for sale if you are interested.

Thanks for your help.

Damian

Hello, not sure if you are still interested, but I have one which I bought from Halfords. There is not many rear bike carriers for the RX300 which fit to the car without a towbar, but this one does. I have only used mine once, so it may be up for sale if you are interested.

Hi there

I wont hijack this thread, as I feel Damian will want your bike carrier, but could you give me the model name/numer of the carrier so I can see if I can lay my hands on one as well please ?

I presume that it will be discontinued by Halfords, but if so, I can try eBay for another.

Cheers Paul

Thanks for your help.

Damian

Hi there

I wont hijack this thread, as I feel Damian will want your bike carrier, but could you give me the model name/numer of the carrier so I can see if I can lay my hands on one as well please ?

I presume that it will be discontinued by Halfords, but if so, I can try eBay for another.

Cheers Paul

Hello Paul,

I do not have the box anymore, which would have had more info on it, all I have is the "Idiots Guide", sorry, I mean Instructions Book. All it says on it is "Halfords High 3 Bike Carrier" There are no numbers etc..sorry. It does have a phone number in case of fitting difficulties, it's 01525 850800. It took me ages to find this carrier and it works pretty well. It has a special fitment so that the straps go over the rear spoiler without adding stress or damage to it. It does state that it takes three bikes, I have only used it for one bike and it is pretty high up, I dread to think what it would look like with three bikes !!! Anyway, try that number and see what they say. If Damian does not want it, you can have it. Not sure what the shipping charges would be, because it's pretty big, even though it folds flat. Cheers, Bobby.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help.

Damian

Hi there

Cheers Paul

Hello Paul,

I do not have the box anymore, which would have had more info on it, all I have is the "Idiots Guide", sorry, I mean Instructions Book. All it says on it is "Halfords High 3 Bike Carrier" There are no numbers etc..sorry. It does have a phone number in case of fitting difficulties, it's 01525 850800. It took me ages to find this carrier and it works pretty well. It has a special fitment so that the straps go over the rear spoiler without adding stress or damage to it. It does state that it takes three bikes, I have only used it for one bike and it is pretty high up, I dread to think what it would look like with three bikes !!! Anyway, try that number and see what they say. If Damian does not want it, you can have it. Not sure what the shipping charges would be, because it's pretty big, even though it folds flat. Cheers, Bobby.

SOLD...to a guy in my village for £10 plus a beer !!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links