Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oxidized Headlight Solution

hey guys and girls

have your headlights got some oxidation (misty , dirty , cloudy wont come off).

my lights were oxidized pretty bad and i bought this 2 stage liquid from e bay called magic liquid ,its from the states and it cost £20 with shipping, it came in the post yesterday after a few weeks and i tried it out and although i was a little sceptical it worked like a charm ,its easy to use you wipe the lenses clean with the first stage liquid and the cotton balls supplied til no more dirt comes off onto the cotton then rinse with water , then you wipe dry with towel and then apply the second stage liquid with the rag supplied and hey presto clean clear lights .theres nothing like a nice set of sparkly diamond like headlights and with a full set of xenons also from e bay (full set for both sides,main,head and side for a tenner!) which have a blue glass which reflects inside when your lights when they are off and look pretty cool , especially if you got a blue lexxy.

i was originally planning to take some photos but wasnt easy whilst playing with chemicals and wearing a marigold lol.

hey guys and girls

my lights were oxidized pretty bad and i bought this 2 stage liquid from e bay called magic liquid ,its from the states and it cost £20 with shipping, it came in the post yesterday after a few weeks and i tried it out and although i was a little sceptical it worked like a charm ,its easy to use you wipe the lenses clean with the first stage liquid and the cotton balls supplied til no more dirt comes off onto the cotton then rinse with water , then you wipe dry with towel and then apply the second stage liquid with the rag supplied and hey presto clean clear lights .theres nothing like a nice set of sparkly diamond like headlights and with a full set of xenons also from e bay (full set for both sides,main,head and side for a tenner!) which have a blue glass which reflects inside when your lights when they are off and look pretty cool , especially if you got a blue lexxy.

i was originally planning to take some photos but wasnt easy whilst playing with chemicals and wearing a marigold lol.

how much does this stuff cost and where can i get this form

hey guys and girls

how much does this stuff cost and where can i get this form

like it says mate i got it from e bay for roughly £20 with the shipping as its from the states ,iv just looked on e bay though and there isnt any on there at the minute but here is another site where you can see it and order it from http://www.crystalheadlight.com/servlet/StoreFront ,once i learn to get photos up ill post some on here but i got no before shots unfortunately , people are accusing me of advertising but honestly im not , it does work .

the product looks very easy to use

altho if any of you thinks this is a bit too expensive, try meguiar's plastX + some elbow grease, it works like a treat too. some say you can clean it with toothpaste but it doesnt last very long because of the lack of protection layer.

yeah it is expensive to be honest ,but alot cheaper than replacements , iv seen a few abrasives like plastic x on the market and they do work, but like you said they take a layer of plastic away and thin the lense down plus their best used with a buffer and i aint got one . :crybaby:

i tried toothpaste and it didnt work , also tried vanish , vinegar ,beer , lemon juice and it was just a waste of time and beer lol

heres some pics of the cleaner headlights , there isnt no before shots unfortunately but they were in a real pooey state particularly the right one.

16042010007.jpg

car needs a bloody good clean lol !!!

16042010010.jpg

i did my fogs too,left one came up nice , having the common problem on the right one filling with water !!!

16042010009j.jpg

16042010008u.jpg

• 9 months later...

Just to add a quick note, for cleaning foggy headlights just mix a little water with some baking soda, so you hav a paste which you then rub on the headlights. amazing results! those bottles on eBay are just a well marketed (expensive) product. Also tooth paste will work but it is messy and not as concentrated as baking soda. Hope this helps ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links