Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Get A Mark Levinson Head Unit?

I finally bought me a 400h here in Sweden.

It's a 2006 with more or less everything incl dvd nav and ICE in backseat. The nice one with monitors in the headrest.

Only thing it's missing is the Mark Levinson with dvd playback upfront.

Do anyone know what the differences are between the ML with dvd and non ML?

Is it just a different head unit, another amplifier and oother/new speakers?

Would it be possible (but expensive) to simply replace one or more of those components like HU and Amp to gain dvd-changer and viewing and still get everything else working as before with sat nav for example?

Or is there more to it in classic Lexus tradition?

/p.

Hi Petterf,

Okay from the knowledge I have picked up it is as follows: -

The old ML unit is: -

- 11 upgraded speakers

- ML AMP

- ML head unit (with 6 CD changer)

- No DVD playback function on the header unit

The newer ML unit is: -

- Same as above

- But with DVD playback function on the header unit

I believe the difference was made around the time that they upgraded the resolution of the sat nav screen, but not sure when this was. Sometime in 2006 I think.

Also there is a left and right hand drive variant of the header unit with the volume/power and tune nobs swapped from left to right side accordingly.

Hope this helps

I finally bought me a 400h here in Sweden.

It's a 2006 with more or less everything incl dvd nav and ICE in backseat. The nice one with monitors in the headrest.

Only thing it's missing is the Mark Levinson with dvd playback upfront.

Do anyone know what the differences are between the ML with dvd and non ML?

Is it just a different head unit, another amplifier and oother/new speakers?

Would it be possible (but expensive) to simply replace one or more of those components like HU and Amp to gain dvd-changer and viewing and still get everything else working as before with sat nav for example?

Or is there more to it in classic Lexus tradition?

/p.

Thanks mastertc

I currently have the non-ML head unit, the plain standard 6-cd head unit and 8 speakers.

I know there's a driver side specific versions of them too.

So if I get the ML unit with DVD playback, I guess I would also atleast need the ML amp.

The speaker config I can manage on the side.

What I've found is that on the LM systems they have an Audio config button is placed beneath the nav/dvd display screen which on the basic head unit have the Clock button instead.

Do this affect anything else?

Are these basically plain buttons which simply are routed to the the head unit and tells it on/off of a certian connector? If so, it would not be a problem.

But if the display screen with buttons do have its own logic it might cause a problem.

/petter

Hi Petterf,

Okay from the knowledge I have picked up it is as follows: -

The old ML unit is: -

- 11 upgraded speakers

- ML AMP

- ML head unit (with 6 CD changer)

- No DVD playback function on the header unit

The newer ML unit is: -

- Same as above

- But with DVD playback function on the header unit

I believe the difference was made around the time that they upgraded the resolution of the sat nav screen, but not sure when this was. Sometime in 2006 I think.

Also there is a left and right hand drive variant of the header unit with the volume/power and tune nobs swapped from left to right side accordingly.

Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links