Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Cd Player Err3

Have had the Lexus for 6 months but not from new, is now just over 3 years old (lucky me).

CD player has been giving the famous ERR3 message a few times lately, now packed up - stuck - jammed or what ever, CDs don't play or come out.

I sold my old Nissan 'cause I don't like unreliable cars, is this a sign of things to come?

How much will it cost to fix?

I've pulled fuses, hit it, pushed various buttons but no luck.

Funny how things like this taint your opinion of a car!!

Reading are very good - I don't think you'll have any problems. I may have to do the same myself soon - it's jammed twice in the last two weeks although both times removing the radio fuse fixed it.

I don't know if they repair it or replace it but I'm just glad that it's still covered. It's impressive - what other manufacturer would extend the warranty on items that fail most often?

I can second Reading. When mine went wrong, Southampton did the work, and they say that you get a reconditioned unit. They send the bad one off and get the recon to fit in its place. The bad one is fixed and someone else gets that.

Problem was with the cd pickup mechanism, as the early ones were too tight. CDRs are slightly bigger than normal CDs and so get stuck!

WARNING - make sure you tell them to be careful. Southampton (-ta mate!) weren't and ended up scratching the bottom parts of the centre console. :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Anyway, they will sort it for you no probs.

I've placed an order for a replacement stereo for mine...only 1 month until the car is 4 years old. Good timing I thought. :D

Lexus Nottingham have agreed that there was extended warranty on the stereo...phew :shifty::lol:

There's a 3 weeks waiting time though :sad:

I emailed and called Lexus GB. They told me to speak to my local dealer when I spoke to them but the email reply stated that the replacemet/repair is at the discretion of the dealer. I hope Lexus Woodford live up to their 4 star rating.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links