Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there,

I have to replace the rear tyres of my 2006 IS 200D, and would appreciate any feedback from fellow drivers, on tyres to avoid and tyres they were pleased with.

Many Thanks

i've had bridgstone protenzas but replaced them with toyo proxies T1R which were really good for their price and very silent in terms of road noise. Now i have Hankook K110 V12 EVO which are also very good and silent and excellent road grip

Hi there,

I have to replace the rear tyres of my 2006 IS 200D, and would appreciate any feedback from fellow drivers, on tyres to avoid and tyres they were pleased with.

Many Thanks

i've had bridgstone protenzas but replaced them with toyo proxies T1R which were really good for their price and very silent in terms of road noise. Now i have Hankook K110 V12 EVO which are also very good and silent and excellent road grip

Hi There,

thankyour for your feedback, after doing some research, i have focused on the following 2, what do you think ?

MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 2 MICHELIN PS2 - 245/45R17 95Y XL TL

or the

TOYO TYRES / CAR / TOYO PXR32A LEXUS TOYO PXR 32A - 245/45R17 95W TL

thankyour for your feedback, after doing some research, i have focused on the following 2, what do you think ?

MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 2 MICHELIN PS2 - 245/45R17 95Y XL TL

or the

TOYO TYRES / CAR / TOYO PXR32A LEXUS TOYO PXR 32A - 245/45R17 95W TL

they're both good tyres, it comes down to what suits you in terms of price i think

Interesting topic as I am in same process of replacement.

Having driven company cars for 20 years, I had no idea there were so many good tyre offers out there.

Had SP Sport and Pilot fitted to last IS220. Both were fine but cost high.

I had raised the topic on the Wheels and Tyres pages and had useful feedback, including pointing me to Camskill, Event and others.

Based on various reviews, I decided to go for Falken FK452, which Mytyres do for under £60 + fitting and have lots of local fitters.

Only just under 3mm - all round after 15,500 miles - so have put off the replacement for a month.

Based on various reviews, I decided to go for Falken FK452, which Mytyres do for under £60 + fitting and have lots of local fitters.

Only just under 3mm - all round after 15,500 miles - so have put off the replacement for a month.

I've had those falkens and found them to actually be extremely noisy compared to Protenzas, Toyos and Hankook K110 V12 Evo.

Under £60? i guess that would depend on your wheel size. If you've got 17" then you can get the falkens for under £60 for the front wheels because they are 225/45/17 but the back wheels take 245/45/17 and they are a bit dearer

Recently replaced all tyres on my 250 sport with Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. Good reviews on the web and I'm delighted with them. Quieter than the Dunlops the car was originally fitted with. Cost of £496 including VAT fitting etc, but they are 18'' rims. Would reccomend.

Oh dear. Hope I don't have same problem with the Falkens.

Mine are 16 inch rims (09 MY SE) so smallest size for IS220. That's why they seem cheap.

Love the badge by the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I am also looking at changing my set of tyres on my 220D, I quite fancy the Toyo Proxes T1-R(nice thread etc) but have noticed on camskill that Toyo also do what seems like a specific tyre for our car "TOYO TYRES / CAR / TOYO PXR32A LEXUS TOYO PXR 32A "......the thread does'nt look as nice as the T1-R though. Does anyone know what type of Toyo would best suit our car,(mine are 225 17 front and 245 17 rear)

Currently I have "federal" on front and "Nankang" on rear......I want to have a set of 4 that match, I will be importing the set into Ireland from Camskill more than likely.