Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Suspension (Mot Fail)

Well guys, Lexus failed its mot this evening for the following.

Suspension arm - mounting/bushs/ defective. (offside rear + nearside rear) outer, lower hub bushings.

As theres only 1 Lexus dealer in N.Ireland would i be safer to get these parts off him or would my local motor factor stock and supply these.

Also anybody got and idea off a price and how easy/hard they are to replace.

Thanks,

Deckz

i have a feeling you have to get whole hubs from main dealer for the bushes-although i may be talking about a different part-unless THIS part is the one you need which i hear is very expensive for what it is but is much cheaper than buying a new hub-please check with someone b4 you buy as this is only a guess

lower hub bushes are about £150 each from dealers because u have to buy complete hub assembly but can be bought from a seller on eBay for 45quid,, (JUST THE SINGLE BUSH).. I WOULD GO FOR DEALER PARTS THOUGH THEY ARE EXPENSIVE

I think the bushes are available seperately as mentioned. I would say it is well worth considering that option. The hub itself is not that expensive in reality, but if the ABS sensors are siezed into it, then you have another 130-150 quid a side for new ABS sensors, plus hand brake linkage bolts etc can be rusted up. All adds up to some unexpected hidden costs if you are unlucky.

take a look at this thread this is a common problem http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=47863

The poly bushes from priracing are £52 inc vat and can be fitted in situ.

You will be looking at £150 per hub or stub axel (should always do both at hte same time) you will need wheel bearings too as very hard to remove and refit there about £50 each. And as was said they are other issues that can arise when removing from seized nuts. So I'd guess £400 min and thats just parts could be looking nearer £600+ with labour.

should only be around an hours work to fit boths bushes so £50 labour?!

Worth a look anyway!

Sorted yesterday.

Vectra bush's in :)

Result.

Which vectra bushes did they use?

Exactly, would've helped many of us if he gave more info about it.

• 2 weeks later...