Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone - used to loiter here a while back when I had a GS (best car I ever had)

Looking at buying a used 450H now - does anyone have any tales (goor or bad) please - and anything that I should look out for when buying

Thanks - hope everyone is well!!

Rod

Hi everyone - used to loiter here a while back when I had a GS (best car I ever had)

Looking at buying a used 450H now - does anyone have any tales (goor or bad) please - and anything that I should look out for when buying

Rod

hi Rod :)

good to see you returning to Lexus

Rod

Hi Rod

welcome back, usual tips, high spec as possible, 450h SE L with adaptive cruise is entertaining and easier to sell on,must have leather and multi media. Check recall on steering rack and rear calipers has been completed and I think with so much technology it pays to stay covered by Lexus warranty. They do depreciate like crazy so good deals are out there but enjoy looking around.

Regards Tony

I've had my 450h for a year, and it's the best I've driven. Suspension is harder than the mercs and maybe a little more road noise aswell. Accelaration is perfectly smooth, cant see how it could be any better. Fuel ecconemy is almost unbelivable for such a heavy car with a petrol engine this large. I made 35mpg on IS250 and 36mpg on GS450h in same conditions. When you consider the best accelaration of the two cars, the GS450 seems almost too good to be true.

Pics up matey - where did it come from??? details ;)

I so love our GS - easily the best large car I've ever driven and deceptively fast :) :)

It's a 2007 (57) SE(ML) - silver. I'll put some pics up if it ever stops raining!

The performance is just mental - makes me grin everytime - I think there's something about the CVT that makes it "sound" even faster if that makes sense - any way you look at it, something that size that does 0-60 in under 6 seconds is pretty quick!! Wiring in the Road Angel was one of the first jobs!!

• 5 months later...

Pics up matey - where did it come from??? details ;)

I so love our GS - easily the best large car I've ever driven and deceptively fast :) :)

It's a 2007 (57) SE(ML) - silver. I'll put some pics up if it ever stops raining!

The performance is just mental - makes me grin everytime - I think there's something about the CVT that makes it "sound" even faster if that makes sense - any way you look at it, something that size that does 0-60 in under 6 seconds is pretty quick!! Wiring in the Road Angel was one of the first jobs!!

6 months on Do you still feel the same ...i am just changing my Is250 for an SE-L 2008

Been looking at these on youtube this weekend, maybe my next lex, not yet though. nice car by the sounds of it, but are they as reliable as the MK1 GS300 as these seem to be the best of the lot really.

Hey chaps, not been around for sometime....

How are you getting on with your Rodders?

Just want to offer a 10 month feedback on the GS - man alive do i love it!!! such a more complete car than the IS and does it shift or what!!! Above 30 mph my Impreza can't live with it.....

On a trip across europe I got to see the Vmax and was very very impressed with the speed and stability at speed.

Just don't go telling to many people though, I'd hate to see more of them on the roads lol :shutit:

Matty - enjoy B)

ps - it can even take my 9' long board padded on the roof :blink: