Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time Attack Is 200- Build Thread

Hi All,

So I picked up a Lexus IS200 last weekend from Birmingham and got the Carbon Fibre Bodykit & 1UZ-FE engine on Friday. I met up with Martin Ffrench at Reading services, who is a really nice guy.

Yesterday I put the Skyline out of the garage and started working on the Lexus IS200. Yesterday I fitted the two front wings, bonnet and front bumper. Today I removed the bonnet skin and put the carbon fibre skin on top of the brace. I'm going to get all the bodywork on the car first before doing the engine swap as I may need to drive it to my friends bodyshop.

The front half is relatively easy, the back half is going to be a lot harder as a lot of the rear quarter needs to go. This is Day one!

DSC06240.jpg

The wings extend the car out by 100mm either side. It's one inch wider than my Skyline R33 GTR! Based on the fact that the IS200 has a 7J wheel and offset of 50 (correct me if I'm wrong here) I'm looking at wheels with some negative offset like my Volks Racing GT7's. The 19x10.5J can be bought with a -15 offset which based on the standard wheels and offset increase the width to 103mm, which should be good (I want to avoid spacers if possible).

I have a lot of work to get the suspension and geometry right aswell. I'm going to need a set of coilovers than can drop the ride height significantly. The TEIN MONO Flex can drop the car by up to 93mm

DSC06242.jpg

Will keep this thread updated as I make progress...

nice was looking at that car on driftworks

1uzfe conversion will require a lot of work and getting the electronics working is a lot harder than expected.

what year is the 1uzfe engine?

nice was looking at that car on driftworks

1uzfe conversion will require a lot of work and getting the electronics working is a lot harder than expected.

what year is the 1uzfe engine?

It's from a 1993 LS400, the engine came with a full wiring loom and ECU. He didn't chop any of the loom as he was going to use it for a conversion. The sump is at the front so not sure if I'm going to have problems clearing the subframe.

i am in middle of a 1uzfe conversion. the problem you will have is clearence for the manifolds.

Look forward to seeing the build thread. In terms of manifold I'm going single turbo setup, probably a TO4Z. Where are you based?

looks like you are going to be busy i am thinking of wide road kit just put pics up in genral section anyway good luck hope to see you in time attack at knockhill in future hope it all goes well will they be more pics on here when you finnish bodywork also why did you choose 1uzfe engine i not to upto date with engine models?

Thanks Asi,

I'm going to TDI's tomorrow they are doing some work on my GTR and I'm going to pick their brains on this new project. I spoke to TEIN today about suitable suspension was thinking about the MONO Flex, but according to TEIN they are slowly discontinuing this product in favour for the FLEX version. They have a bespoke alternative which they've talked to TDI's about which I'll find out all the info on tomorrow.

As for wheels, I read up on Driftworks that the GTR-D's are in a 18x12J on a ZERO offset, thats a serious lip and a lot cheaper than the Volks Racing wheels. Brings the wheels in line with the arches, 18x12J on the rear, and 18x10J on the front.

IMG_4912.jpg

Also had a good chat with Roger @ Thor Racing who heads up their product development. Slowly putting all the pieces together for this build!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links