Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanting To Buy

Arron

After going in the ex father in laws IS200, I liked its smoothness and everything else about it. But recently i've heard of problems with electrics and friends telling me to steer clear. I hoping the electrical fault is an isolated case and the others are wrong.

Can any of you guys/girls set me right. Also common problems, recalls it should have etc.

Thanks in advance Arron

Crap headunit as standard - Error codes.

Judder from clutch on take off, crunchy 1st & 2nd gear (sounds worse than it is)

Apart from that - Bullet proof :D

Had my IS200 Sportnav for nearly nine years and never had an error code on the headunit. Clutch started to judder after 80,000 miles so changed it out so it doesn't judder anymore. Only recall I can recall :lol: is for new front floormats to sort out the supposed problem with the drivers mat getting under the pedals, although I never had the problem. So apart from the clutch it has been completely bullet proof for 90,000+ miles.

After going in the ex father in laws IS200, I liked its smoothness and everything else about it. But recently i've heard of problems with electrics and friends telling me to steer clear. I hoping the electrical fault is an isolated case and the others are wrong.

Can any of you guys/girls set me right. Also common problems, recalls it should have etc.

Thanks in advance Arron

buy the is200 mate you'll never look back!!!the electrics people talk about is the fault of dodgy windscreen fitters who dont use enough sealer and water gets to the fuse box and plays havoc...

i've had mine for a year and a half and its never missed a beat never and now i've supercharged it,it still hasnt missed a beat and all the other mods i've throwen at it yip its still never missed a beat...

go on you know you want too!!!!

hi mate info given is correct these models compared to other makes are voted by most people to be very reliable some bad cases will come from any model or make so my advice is buy is 200 but buy wise look for well looked after model i did not the body on mine abit scruffy the engine 77k full dealer history runs sweet even though standard if i could start again i would buy nice body with history but be sure which ever one you buy theres great guys here to give help and advice as guys above said go on you will never look back i say this comeing from 500 bhp gt4 celica then st2 focus and the one i like most is is200 so take time get right one WORST PROBLEM FOR ME IS THERES ALWAYS A SMARTER IS200 COUPLE STREETS AWAY good look hope you owner soon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links