Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H Lpg Conversion

Hello all, i'm new to this forum, and this is my first post.

I have installed an iomega Italian LPG system with Cage ECU for more than 18 month now.

No problems what so ever. However i do tend to treat it gently. When i need to push it to the limits, i switch to normal gas.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hi there I did some research and took the advice from this thread and gave Phil price a call I have now had my rx400h 2006 converted to lpg all I can say is absolutely brilliant I left my car with him for a week this gives him time to do a proper job and check everything is fine he really knows what he's doing and his workmanship is spot on Phil runs a rally school and all his subarus are lpg converted

The car runs fantastic its 125 miles to his place. From me well worth it when I drove home after picking up the car I filled the lpg tank up

And I had only used £13 and I wasn't hanging about either it's the neatest work I've seen on a conversion yet well pleased and would highly recommend him

• 3 years later...

Hi. Now its 2019:) I am going to buy RX450H and convert it to lpg . I have ten years of experience using lpg cars two toyotas. There are two problems associated to running the car on lpg 1: Lpg burns slower 2 lpg ignite harder. Those two problems leads to VSR because if it burns slower exhaust valves opens while cylinders are "still on fire" and if running lean burns at much higher temperature. Secret to prevent this is CALIBRATION! Lpg system needs to be set up slightly reach for the air-fuel mixture to ignite faster and burns better. Needs to be very quality system installed the one design for start stop engines like Landirenzo Omegas 4.0 or BRC squent 32 OBD or BRC plug and drive those systems will remember for long time calibration and those system learn on mistakes adjusting air/fuel mixture. Hybrids run on Atkinson cycle that means compression stroke is at least 10% smaller than power stroke therfore lpg have more time to burn and those engines are more suitable to run on lpg than Otto cycle engines.  Running car on lpg also put higher demand for frequent servicing always have fresh spark plugs if lexus require denso irridium spark plugs to be replaced at 120k miles put new ones every 60kmiles and fresh engine oil every 7k miles .Hope that helps:)  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links