Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

97 Gs Audio

hi i guess this has been covered before but i cant find any info on it so can someone please help by letting me know what i need to change the head unit in my car ie part numbers for the amp bypass ect i would like to keep the sub if i can but want to ditch the standard head unit . thanks

hi i guess this has been covered before but i cant find any info on it so can someone please help by letting me know what i need to change the head unit in my car ie part numbers for the amp bypass ect i would like to keep the sub if i can but want to ditch the standard head unit . thanks

Is it a mk1 GS?

Is it a mk1 GS?

yes its a 97 on a p plate . i have read your fantastic how to but dont fancy cutting the loom about unless i really really need to thanks

yes its a 97 on a p plate . i have read your fantastic how to but dont fancy cutting the loom about unless i really really need to thanks

There aren't any bypass leads that I am aware of. You may be lucky and be able to buy the plugs/sockets from Lexus/Toyota and make one up yourself. Unless the plugs on the amp and head unit are standard types as used on other models, but I would've thought a supplier would list it if there was such a compatibility. Even the autoleads fascia plates for the mk1 are no good for right hand drive cars. So the only option there is the genuine Toyota items (Lexus don't list an equivelent so you need to speak to Toyota for Aristo items). Not many options on the wiring side unfortunately. I didn't bother making mine revertable if I sold the car. A head unit is cheap as chips to replace if I wanted to keep my existing unit when I sell the car.

There aren't any bypass leads that I am aware of. You may be lucky and be able to buy the plugs/sockets from Lexus/Toyota and make one up yourself. Unless the plugs on the amp and head unit are standard types as used on other models, but I would've thought a supplier would list it if there was such a compatibility. Even the autoleads fascia plates for the mk1 are no good for right hand drive cars. So the only option there is the genuine Toyota items (Lexus don't list an equivelent so you need to speak to Toyota for Aristo items). Not many options on the wiring side unfortunately. I didn't bother making mine revertable if I sold the car. A head unit is cheap as chips to replace if I wanted to keep my existing unit when I sell the car.

oh fantastic

guess its out with the wire cutters then ?