Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Trailing Arm Bushes

marley

Hello! ...and help please! I took my car for the M.O.T. today..bad news! I need 2 calipers, the clutch is on its way out too!Im having trouble however with the trailing arm bushes for the front! My mechanic told me I need "trailing arm bushes front X 2!"

Apparently though I cant buy the bushes themselves? Do I really need to buy 2 X trailing arms themselves? Ive phoned Japarts for the clutch, about £150. They can get the trailing arms (on order after 2 days!) for £113 each!. Ive been looking on e-bay for the trailing arms! I cant seem to find what Im looking for though! (probably cos Im not mechanically minded at all!) Ive seen "front stabiliser drop links?" and also"front lower ball joint set"! and lastly! front upper ball joint set!".

Are either of the 3 above the same as "the trailing" arm itself please? Sorry for being so vague! As I say , apparently all I need are the two bushes themselves! but they arent listed anywhere! I asked Lexus and Jap arts , and they both said They arent sold seperately?

So if anybody know where I can either buy the bushes themselves, or else what do I really need? ie trailing arm or front stabiliser link etc please?I ask because if I do have to buy more then the bushes themselves! the stabiliser links and joint kits are way cheaper than the £226 Ill have to pay for the parts from Jap arts! Many thanks in advance!

Hello! ...and help please! I took my car for the M.O.T. today..bad news! I need 2 calipers, the clutch is on its way out too!Im having trouble however with the trailing arm bushes for the front! My mechanic told me I need "trailing arm bushes front X 2!"

Apparently though I cant buy the bushes themselves? Do I really need to buy 2 X trailing arms themselves? Ive phoned Japarts for the clutch, about £150. They can get the trailing arms (on order after 2 days!) for £113 each!. Ive been looking on e-bay for the trailing arms! I cant seem to find what Im looking for though! (probably cos Im not mechanically minded at all!) Ive seen "front stabiliser drop links?" and also"front lower ball joint set"! and lastly! front upper ball joint set!".

Are either of the 3 above the same as "the trailing" arm itself please? Sorry for being so vague! As I say , apparently all I need are the two bushes themselves! but they arent listed anywhere! I asked Lexus and Jap arts , and they both said They arent sold seperately?

So if anybody know where I can either buy the bushes themselves, or else what do I really need? ie trailing arm or front stabiliser link etc please?I ask because if I do have to buy more then the bushes themselves! the stabiliser links and joint kits are way cheaper than the £226 Ill have to pay for the parts from Jap arts! Many thanks in advance!

Forgot to say! I can see the calipers for £115 front and £125 rear (new) on e-bay! The clutch as I say I can get from Japaprts for £150! The pads for front (mintex) £22 from e-bay! I want the car sorted, but obviously any money you guys can help me save will be much appreciated!

None of the parts you listed are the trailing arms. For the GS you can get 3rd party bushes to fit the trailing arms fro

the United States. Not sure for the IS. if I get better access to the forum tomorrow I'll try and find the link to the GS ones and you could contact the seller.

Many thanks for the replies guys! I ended up getting replacement trailing arms from a breakers. The clutch is coming tomorrow from Japarts, the mechanic is ordering the calipers, and I ordered Mintex brake pads from the bay! Still going to work out quite expensive, but it has to be done! Thanks again!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links