Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Admin and Mods please note i am not trying to advertise my car here or trying to promote car sale.

i genuinely and honestly need some advice please.

i am seriously thinking about getting an aristo mk2. and trying to sell my car. i have seen one nice aristo for sale in my town and at reasonable price. i dont have spare cash just now and mainly i dont wana get stuck with two cars. so plan is to sell mine first and then get this aristo.

arsito seller is friend of my uncle and he has given me 2 weeks time to sell my car and buy his and he is happy to hold onto it for 2 weeks.

i have advertised my car on eBay, piston heads, gumtree, ad trader and few other sites. i advertised it 5 days ago and trust me i have not had a single email or even single phone call from any one. my asking price is £2800. car cost me alot more than 2800. i spent quite bit on wheels, exhaust , service brakes etc etc over past 1 year.

and car is near to mint . i cant afford to let her go for less than £2600.

am i asking silly money for it ??? i think £2800 ono is very reasonable price for car in such a good nick. what do you think guys why my car is not selling ? and whats right asking price in your opinion.

if you think my car is not worth £2600 then i think i would never ever sell it it really hurts to sell her for less than 2600.

really shocking 5 days gone and not even single email or call from any one ?

here is eBay link please check and advise.

many thanks guys

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200462262019&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

Looking at your ad, I am no doubt that your car is a superb buy for somebody and has every chance of giving further long service.

The fact is that it is 12 years old, done 133k miles and uses more fuel than a diesel. This puts it into sub £2k territory.

My own '98 GS has done 146,000 and in all respects drives like when it was new. Very little has been replaced and it consumes no oil. It does have leather and satnav but is not as immaculate as your pictures show.

Want some good advice? Keep it! I wouldn't give mine away for that sort of money.

I echo what Mike has said.

I have a 9.5 year old IS200 with 134k on the clock. Bodywork is good (reflects the age of the car). If I was to sell this I expect it would go for £1.5-£2k?- it's a 2.0 petrol car, the market doesn't want cars like this- fact. Based on this I have decided to keep it until it dies- to me its worth more than <2k. I've put 90k trouble free miles on this car and I expect if I buy a newer car it is not going to be reliable as this IS200 that I currently have.

As Mike says, keep your GS.

I echo what Mike has said.

I have a 9.5 year old IS200 with 134k on the clock. Bodywork is good (reflects the age of the car). If I was to sell this I expect it would go for £1.5-£2k?- it's a 2.0 petrol car, the market doesn't want cars like this- fact. Based on this I have decided to keep it until it dies- to me its worth more than <2k. I've put 90k trouble free miles on this car and I expect if I buy a newer car it is not going to be reliable as this IS200 that I currently have.

As Mike says, keep your GS.

Hi, It is all about public perception, or more accurately, the predominantly male motorists who 'may' consider a lexus GS300 as there next purchase....I have been a part-time motor trader (and fulltime car salesman) on and of for 20 yrs.....I am on my 5th GS300 sport (three MK 1's & now my 2nd MK 2 )

Everytime i come to sell one, they certainly take some shifting!! and ultimately, usually sell on 'Price', the British car buyer is not usually a very descerning one, many being transfixed on the mainstream brands, so much so the GS300 never appears on the radar!

Another major factor is the percieved running/Maintainance costs (we all know they are generally cheap to run. aside from the fuel for the 2JZ-GE engine) mainly due to their reliability!...others see it as a potential Moneypit.

Most buyers will be 30 somethings maybe 40's, who have a desire to own a cheap Mid-size exec' and see the benefits (Kudos) this brings but usually make a B line for BMW's or the like, before stumbeling upon the GS....and even then, the styling, particularly of the MK 2 is not to everyones taste!

Personally, after owning Many 'Executive sporting saloons' , I feel the only thing that comes close to a MK 2 GS300 Sport is a BMW E39 528/530i......and there lies another problem !...........I prefer the Lexus but only because it is different !

..Most people don't like to be different !!!!

its that time of year when big cars make people nervous with the election looming and tax rises due etc etc,the whole country is nervous to spend money atm - i advertised my winter car 4x4 for a month cheap,no takers,put it on the side of a road with for sale sign-sold in ten minutes !!!

interestingly today i saw a guy put a £3200 for sale sign in an x reg is200 , while he put it in a guy stopped and started talking to him-15 minutes later i drove back past the spot and the is was gone - i expect sold tbh - cars are selling but its all a bit weird atm

I am looking for a GS300 of your car's date.

£2800 is overpriced by c £1,000 and it is SO much higher I - if interested - would walk away. Why? Not worth the hassle as buyers asking silly prices tend to react badly to negotiation on price.

Sorry £2800 is silly money.

If you are in a hurry start under £2,000 and add ono.

Otherwise no-one will want to know.

I expect prices to fall further due to fuel and the economy.. As a possible buyer I wait for the right car and price..

As for what you have spent, on a second hand old car, that expenditure is worth : nothing. Just a selling attraction. Lots of cars around: some with very low miles and fsh. Over 100k miles cars are commonplace and have to be attractively priced to attract attention, let alone sell...

Edit: apologies for my bluntness.