Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted Is300

lexynik

Hi all , i am interested in hearing from anyone with a late is300 for sale - must have high specification ie full leather,navigation,armrest,projecter HIDs(factory fitted) and would prefer factory fitted bodykit - ie-aero style .

Any colour considered but would prefer black - i have an is200 which i could p/ex with someone if they are a lex enthusiast or i am in a position to buy the right car outright and sell my own one at a later date

my insurance drops at the end of june so i am looking to buy anytime before then but am in no rush

mileage and service history are important to me as is having every extra and the car being hpi clear and mechanically sound

Good luck in your quest to find your ideal IS 300 not an easy task I have just tonight sold my 200 on eBay and that completes the whole upgrade process, meaning it took about 4 months to find the IS300 and sell the 200 but it is a miision that is so well worth it the biggest difference you will notice between the two of them is at night when the white lights flood the surrounding area as they auto level the headlights alone make the upgrade worthwhile.

06022010234.jpg

This could soon be you sitting in a 300 looking out at your old 200...

Keep us informed of your progress.

Regards

Russell.

thanks russel i will - i must admit i havent really looked into the spec levels yet but im sure they must come with a factory bodykit or similar ? - i think full leather - projecter hids -armrest etc are pretty standard but not sure what year the hids started on on a 300-perhaps you can tell me ?

It sounds like you went down a similar route to me ie a 200 to test and then upgrade to a 300 to get the power and all the desirable toys built in from new as opposed to modifying the car yourself-im in the pleasent position of having a nice car already and also ready to buy if the right car comes along , i did have a theory that as fuel and tax prices go up and salaries and jobs are lost the idea of doing a swap could appeal to a 300 owner looking for cheaper tax(mines pre 2001) and some cash but either way is good for me as i seem to get stopped regularly and asked if i wish to sell mine-the only other thing i neglected to mention in my previous post is that i am after a car as standard and unmodified as possible-thanks for your input its good to hear from someone who has trodden this road before

Thanks rez - yup ive been informed the 300s options were the aero kit and navigation basically THIS ONE seems to tick all my boxes apart from price and this one was more the kind of money i expected to pay but alas has no nav so is not an option as nav is a must have item,the wheels would need changing on this one as well but that is not a problem as i would be happy to choose a set of wheels to compliment it at that price - still early days and i am not in a rush

Thanks rez - yup ive been informed the 300s options were the aero kit and navigation basically THIS ONE seems to tick all my boxes apart from price and this one was more the kind of money i expected to pay but alas has no nav so is not an option as nav is a must have item,the wheels would need changing on this one as well but that is not a problem as i would be happy to choose a set of wheels to compliment it at that price - still early days and i am not in a rush

the 02 plate for £4000 looks really nice an smart :)

yeah doesnt it just-dont like the wheels tho - plus its on a forecourt so no probs trading my 200 in also - good value for someone maybe - i have to have the nav though or it will just gnaw away at me that i could of got a higher spec one,especially when you see the tomtom rings on a freshly cleaned windscreen ! im happy with my 200 until i find the right one at the right price - i must admit if the £4k one had nav i would of probably bought it already

At the moment it really is a buyers market, so would not hurt to go and look at any you like then make them an offer, I have just been through the upgrade process and had a tuff time selling my 200. Advertised Autotrader for £2500.00 and every one phoned and offered around the £2000.00 mark, in the end sold on eBay first time barely made £2000.00 and reserve was £2200.00 second time rmoved reserve and it made £1950.00 and when the guy came to collect he moaned at things like scratches that i had not photographed close up and wanted my eprsonal plate as in the pictures, anyway he walked a way with my 200 for just £1800.00 originally i did not want to go below £2300.00

As i say people have prices on there cars that they want for them but in reality they are only worth what they can get for them and at the moment everybody wants a bargain, go make some offers and leave yor number with them, you just might bag a bargain.

Regards

Russell.

yup my sentiments exactly - its a nice position to be in tbh as i think cash is king atm - i just spent about £1200 on mine in 3 months so should try and get some use out of it first unless something gorgeous at the right price comes along - imho £4500 should be plenty to get a cracking 300 with all the goodies but we shall see

The IS300 always had HIDs as standard but they aren't projectors so don't go looking for that as you won't find it!

The 300 had everything as standard except the nav and bodykit as you already know - only thing that changed is that pre2004 the door cards were escaine (like the IS200) but post2004 these were leather too.

what about the door rubbers-there were newer types of those also werent there - the bump strips ? what year do/did they change at all on a 300

That happened at the first IS200 facelift - the IS300 only arrived for the first time at this point (2001) so that doesn't change on the 300.

yeah thanks dave but as parthibian said its got to have nav - i can get my hands on a sportcross or a non nav non kit is300 locally for £3k - want all the trimmings though

cheers tommy - some price difference between the two - tbh they both look expensive for what i can buy locally cheaper and neither has got a skirtkit - is300s are easy to buy in normal everyday trim like these two - for example i could of bought a 300cross when i bought my 200 about 3 months ago for £3 - £3.5k off a forecourt depending on the final haggle - went past last week and its still sitting there unsold !! what does that tell you

cheers tommy - some price difference between the two - tbh they both look expensive for what i can buy locally cheaper and neither has got a skirtkit - is300s are easy to buy in normal everyday trim like these two - for example i could of bought a 300cross when i bought my 200 about 3 months ago for £3 - £3.5k off a forecourt depending on the final haggle - went past last week and its still sitting there unsold !! what does that tell you

I hear what your saying mate. Hopefully you can get the one that your looking for.

I'll keep an eye on this side of the border :D

• 4 weeks later...

no longer wanted - 200/300 proved to be a bit too small for purpose - am now looking for a shogun di-d or discovery and buying a ninja for me