Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cluncking Noise

TommyH

Iv'e got that dreaded cluncking noise when turning slowly and braking.

I had this about a year ago and got my pads changed fixing the noise.

Iv'e only done about 4 thousand miles since new pads so i know they dont need changing.

The question is, whats needed to stop the pads moving in the caliper ?

Is it anti-squeal springs or anti-squeal shims that stops the movement ? :duh:

Could be front lower ball joints. Pretty common fault on IS/Altezza, well most FR cars really. I did mine about 6 months ago. Was making noises like you've described. Easy fix.

I got my both ball joints replaced two weeks ago and also had the geometry re-done.

It's defo the pads moving in the caliper as before, but not sure if i need anti-squeal springs or anti-squeal shims ?

Tommy - brakeparts direct - 01706 666999 or 01204 385888 - they do the fitting kits for the front but not the back - i was quoted £17 from local ebc motor factor shop locally for fronts - rears appear to be main dealer only

Tommy - brakeparts direct - 01706 666999 or 01204 385888 - they do the fitting kits for the front but not the back - i was quoted £17 from local ebc motor factor shop locally for fronts - rears appear to be main dealer only

Thanks for the info Nick, much appreciated :winky:

not a problem tommy-im off to a big scrappy in a minute to try and get rear clips for mine-ill see if theres some fronts for you easily grabbable if you want - anything else you need that can be posted ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links