Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It Was Bound To Happen

Hello all - well all of a sudden i had these lights come on this morning and an apparent misfire - i guessed coilpack so went to my local bodgitt and scarper garage for a plug into obd but alas they had run their scanner over recently ! no panic as i had confidently told someone else on here recently anyone should codegrab for a fiver so went to a place my friend uses,they wanted to book it in and take it in the workshop and suggested i go for a cup of tea somewhere as it is a minimum fifteen minute job to get the codes - i was getting the feeling they were attempting to take me from behind without buying me dinner or choccies and could see dollar signs in the guys eyes so without asking what kind of charge they would want to do this timeconsuming plug a machine into the obd port and press a button i declined their kind offer and elected for lexus brighton- i phoned lexus brighton and they said no problem bring it over,no charge to diagnose !!

It must of been in their workshop all of two minutes before it was back with a confirmed failed coilpack - i had already phoned around local parts facter shops and prices ranged from £110+vat to £150+vat - so i was pleased to hear lexus charge £108 for the part and although they didnt have one they will have at 2pm-if they had had a car there to lend me in the meantime they would of but they didnt but they will be more then happy to fit the part when i go back at 2pm

So all in all BIG UP lexus Brighton and well recommended for fast simple and competative service - imho if you get these lights up on the dash do not be afraid of asking your main dealer for a diagnosis especially if you live in Brighton

Hiya mate,

Glad it sorted smoothly, wish you had a cheaper coilpack in hand, sounds like I need to get one or two cheap ones.

which one has gone? and is there any thing you had noticed before it happened?

Felix

in truth i did notice a slight hesitation on two occasions last week but no eml so i thought it must of been in my head as it was barely perceptible - this morning the car had been running maybe 3 minutes then got a slight misfire and ten seconds later the eml light closely followed by trc once i got moving as i was at a traffic light at the time - yup and i will definately be grabbing a bunch of spare ones from scrappys if possible - the light went off again on the way home from lexus and car ran smooth for a mile then went again - go back at 2 for fitting new one

Lexus Brighton sounds like a good dealer, not like Lexus Leeds- they wanted £99 (+VAT) to find out why I had a engine management light on my IS200 a few years ago. (Took it to a local garage who charged my £20 to read the codes. Turned out when I fitted a new cambelt, I had accidently knocked out the timing by one tooth- car didn't misfire. Removed the belt and reset the timing again and fitted the belt= no EML).

hi mate bit bad luck and i suppose good in you have a good main agent hope car running ok now good to see you didnt have to take it from behind because thats expensive at least now you know where to go for good service good luck mate

It sounds like there are good and bad main dealers out there - i can only speak as i find and to date Lexus Brighton,s service to me and my is has been exemplary and well worth a mention or two - i have reccomended a few people to them for example gokhan who was in a pickle with what to do about his service and timing belt-you can search his dilemma out under cambelt fitting - THIS was how pleased he was with the service he recieved , and everyone has been very impressed - gokhan drove down from london to get this service and will do again i think, i think i must be quite lucky as they are local to me-they have diagnosed the undiagnosable in ten minutes which has baffled other reputable garages-they dont take the mickey when i ask them to put right other garages mistakes from when i thought i could save a few quid by using a good independant outfit and they deliver what they promise when they promise - in all seriousness i want another lexus after this one just so i can enjoy the same level of quality of service in the future.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links