Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's This Wiered Thing On My Bumper?...

Most peculiar, I've been looking at MKIV pics and none of them have this feature. They all have a solid bit of bumper between the lower grill and the fog light.

Is yours an import?

I did wonder if Lexus had thoughtfully provided the facility for a starting handle, given the location of the starter motor :lol:

Most peculiar, I've been looking at MKIV pics and none of them have this feature. They all have a solid bit of bumper between the lower grill and the fog light.

Is yours an import?

I did wonder if Lexus had thoughtfully provided the facility for a starting handle, given the location of the starter motor :lol:

yes mine is an import. Lexus Celsior. I looked under the bumper and there seems to be a part number...any idea how i can find out what the part is ? are there any online data bases for part numbers..?

Thanks

Looks like a radar cruise control module

I had no idea that could be a possibility, but apparently the Toyota introduced adaptive cruise on the celsior in 1997..........

LINK

Wow...adaptive cruise control...I think my LS has a few extras that you dont get on the UK versions.

Av got rain sensitive wipers aswell..is this standard or an option?

I have always thought that there are no options on an LS400 as everything is standard.

thanks

Wow...adaptive cruise control...I think my LS has a few extras that you dont get on the UK versions.

I have always thought that there are no options on an LS400 as everything is standard.

thanks

Yeah I'm impressed too, I thought the S class was the first car to have it. Although it must be said that according to that link the Lexus wasn't fully thought out to begin with as it couldn't apply the brakes, but still a good idea :)

i dont think id volunteer to be the car in front to do the braking to test if it still works or is in fact acc !!!

I'm not sure it would actually work that well if it can't apply the brakes, engine braking isn't really enough a lot of the time to slow you down enough...........

Think it's worth a test though :D

i dont think id volunteer to be the car in front to do the braking to test if it still works or is in fact acc !!!

I'm not sure it would actually work that well if it can't apply the brakes, engine braking isn't really enough a lot of the time to slow you down enough...........

Think it's worth a test though :D

yeah..ill try it on the dual carriage way sometime soon.

ill keep you posted.

thanks

Yeah I'm impressed too, I thought the S class was the first car to have it. Although it must be said that according to that link the Lexus wasn't fully thought out to begin with as it couldn't apply the brakes, but still a good idea :)

I just tried out the radar cruise on my LS400. IT WORKS...!! but it doent break when it starts to get close to the vehicle in front..it just sound a very loud alarm....better than nothing..

I just tried out the radar cruise on my LS400. IT WORKS...!! but it doent break when it starts to get close to the vehicle in front..it just sound a very loud alarm....better than nothing..

That's awesome! Yeah it's a shame it can't apply the brakes but as you say it's better than not having it :D