Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Advice Is This Cheap Or Not

hi guys i never thought about this until yesterday i was offered by local garage (good rep) supercharger supplied and fitted for £2500 is this cheap or going rate and if fitted what +s and -s are there you see i wanted to get body work chassie right first but if cheap maybe think again my first plan was to fit wide kit then have gt4 engine 4wd system fitted but having seen post here mental money so 2nd plan forget wide body (most people did not like this kit anyway) someone told me supra engine just bolts in but i dont think its that easy and i would need my local garage to fit so again maybe big cash 3rd plan and present lost not sure best way to go i come from cars like gt4 500bhp celica and 340bhp focus st2 so 150 bhp while smooth is abit slow is there any other way of boosting power without monster money i would be happy with about 200bhp i think that would still give good return on fuel gt4 gave only 8 mpg so what i would ike to know is is this s/c cheap for power or can i spend less on another setup or should i sort chassie bodywork ect first and to think i only went to ask for kandn filter

hi guys well stav not sure did not go into details yet i went in he was busy as all good workshops are and asked for k and n for for is200 sport he knows i like bhp as he tuned most my motors and instead saying yes mate i will order that he just said friday mate and by the way i can put s/c on that for 2.5k if you like he knows my dad passed away recently and must think i had come in to money that 2.5k could be talked about like that anyway dont know yet it maybe second hand as for fitting mate i dont have scooby clue what to do i guide cranes /do some plastering not really up on engines thanks for info guys i will try find out full story before post next time matt i noticed you have 2jz motor is this correct did you fit yourself or was it already fitted if you fitted was it big job or could good mech fit in day or two

i noticed you have 2jz motor is this correct did you fit yourself or was it already fitted if you fitted was it big job or could good mech fit in day or two

No matem i have a rarer 2L 1GGTE twin turbo engine, and it took nearly 3 months to fully fit and map not a couple of days!

thanks stav i think i will do body first as not tte supercharger some secondhand parts not sure condition maybe keep eye open for charger here at later date that sounds like a rare motor hope you havent had to much trouble with it

thanks stav i think i will do body first as not tte supercharger some secondhand parts not sure condition maybe keep eye open for charger here at later date that sounds like a rare motor hope you havent had to much trouble with it

Touch wood, no i havent mate. Hopefully upgrading the turbo in the next couple of months.