Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

12 Year Corrosion Warranty

hey

dont know if im being stupid here, im a complete noob here, recently purchased an is200, car is very clean, although i have noticed some very slight rust on the inside of one of the arches just above the plastic from the mud flap, its the kind of thing you would never notice, even if you were looking for it but rust on any part of a panel can spread and was wanting to get this fixed in the near future, but am i right in thinking lexus will fix this for free under the 12 year corrosion warranty????

hey

dont know if im being stupid here, im a complete noob here, recently purchased an is200, car is very clean, although i have noticed some very slight rust on the inside of one of the arches just above the plastic from the mud flap, its the kind of thing you would never notice, even if you were looking for it but rust on any part of a panel can spread and was wanting to get this fixed in the near future, but am i right in thinking lexus will fix this for free under the 12 year corrosion warranty????

No they will not. If you read the small print you'll find the corrosion warranty only covers perforation, not surface rust. The rest of the manufacturers are the same.

The wheel corrosion is only covered under the original 3 year warranty, not the 12 year corrosion warranty.