Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yet Another Key Question! ;)

hi all, have searched but cannot find any answers! my is200 has been off road for a few months and the Battery died on the car, and im now looking to get it back on the road! the key in my fob has died though,so when i wanted to get it going again i uunlocked it with the key and then hooked it up to charge - but whenever there is power going through it , the alarm keeps going off, and because my key fob is dieing i couldnt disarm it! i have ordered a new Battery but i was wondering, if the Battery has been dead in the key fob for a while does this mean that it will need to be reprogramed? i think there is a bit of power left in it as the LED flashes a bit when i press it, but i took it out for a few minutes when i was figuring out how to change it and i hope this hasnt reset it! i have also reset the ecu before by taking out the efi and ects fuses while it was sat there (dont ask lol, other problems!!) and am basically hoping that the car hasnt forgot the key because of the lack of power for so long etc, and the fob hasnt wiped itself?? sorry to go on guys i just want to make sure that all i need to do is replace they Battery and charge it up and im good to go again! cant wait to get it on the road again ;) thanks for any replies, just want to put my mind at ease lol!

adam

when i got my car it had a broken key which the Battery had gone on and had not been used for years, i replaced the blade and the batteries for the 3 button module but it had lost its coding to the car- i presume they forget after a while of no power - however i followed one of the handy key programming guides on here and got it all working again in ten minutes - i hope this goes some way towards the answer you are after

1st of all, the Battery for the key can be found in most of Locksmiths locally, just pop in and get a new one ASAP.

2ndly, there are quite a few guides on the key issue. you may want to read some of them and copy them to a word, and name them V1 V2 V3.....

it's all depends on the year of your car etc etc.....

I got 4 keys programmed to my car buy using two different guides on different things a little while ago.

Good luck m8