Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slick 50

the way i think of it its best to keep your car in as good an order as you can afford-when i got my car it was due a major service etc and independent garages used lesser not recomended oils or plugs etc but wanted to charge as much as lexus so for me it was a no brainer to put it in the main dealer and have everything done to manafacturers spec - the car was already fsh and in truth didnt feel much different for the service - so i mulled over the idea of slick50 and after a particularly juicy daytrip at legal safe kids in the car speeds to longleat during which i used slightly more fuel then my mate who drove with me in a diesel 55plate rangerover loaded with people i decided the mpg from my 200 just wasnt enough so decided to stick a bottle of slick 50 in it as it claims to be a friction remover- i was not after more speed or anything i just purely thought it might help the disagreeable fuel mpg figures - it made an instant difference,noticably so - all i can say is i was shocked at the change as is my gf cos we have a joint account as she is very aware of how much mpg we have been getting from the lex- each set of circumstances may be different owing to infinate variables ie service history,make of oil,tyre pressure,driving style etc -- but my thoughts are if you are driving what you consider to be an is200 in reasonable condition and the mpg figures are mildly upsetting for the level of comfort you are sitting in you are only gambling £25 to see if what worked for me works for you - it wont fix knackered cars-you do need to get your car serviced as normal-i dont work for slick50 or halfords--- i only posted it cos it made a big difference to my car and is easy to get and do-at least i can put my freshly charged aircon on whenever i want now instead of worrying about the mpg too much - and yes i can afford fuel.sometimes two tanks a week.more if needed but i dont mind admitting i found the 2.0 lexus especially juicy for what it is ! not quite so bad now

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

this is the only engine treatment one i could find on the Halfords website:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_194883_langId_-1_categoryId_165750#dtab

Felix - LexyNik will this work on my 5w30 semi synthetic Castrol running engine?

dont want to put the wrong stuff in.

thanks,

that's the one I am going to get, however, I am getting it locally same thing but only £18.25.

and checked with Slick people, it works on all engines/oil inc the one I am using which is 5w30 full synthetic.

also, checked with my LPG people, it's fine on their system too.

I booked mine in for a 6 month service in end of May, as I did the 60k service just after new year.

Will put it to the test, I am happy to give it a go and report back to you guys.

Felix

that's the one I am going to get, however, I am getting it locally same thing but only £18.25.

and checked with Slick people, it works on all engines/oil inc the one I am using which is 5w30 full synthetic.

I booked mine in for a 6 month service in end of May, as I did the 60k service just after new year.

Will put it to the test, I am happy to give it a go and report back to you guys.

Felix

nice one mate..

let us know how it goes :-)

• 2 months later...

Felix

Hi Felix - did you put some slick50 in your engine after your oil change in May?

if so how did it changes the petrol consumtion .. if any?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Felix

Hi Felix - did you put some slick50 in your engine after your oil change in May?

if so how did it changes the petrol consumtion .. if any?

cheers

BUMP!!! Any news /info on this guys? anyone test it? Felix?

Sorry guys,

I got the Slick 50 in in early June, no much difference in my MPG, I didn't want to disappoint some of people here, so kept quiet.

average from 24MPG to 25 MPG that's all.

Felix

Lexynik: how are you getting on with your Disc? love to get one for myself tho.

ha ha - no i dont but ive just had the disco serviced and i will be sticking it in that very soon as well - felix sorry you didnt get better figures at least they didnt deteriorate though , maybe on yours you drive it very economically already and theres not much gain to be had with the the lpg savings already -

lovin the disco tbh - its returning very similar mpg figures to the lex which is surprising when you consider the size and weight of the thing combined with the aerodynamics of a brick wall and constant 4wd so pleased there

seem to have swapped a few lexussy always get em problems for discovery always get em problems but nothing major ie windscreen leak and a ps fluid leak on the disco steering box but repairs all in hand now its had its service history brought up to date - yea i got two centre leather armrests with this one chaps and just had the third one in the middle recovered in matching leather - starting to think about detailing it but not got the energy just yet as it took me four hours just to get the wheels up to scratch with loadsa elbow grease - aircon serviced and blowing an icy wind seens colder and stronger then the lex - gotta admit its so nice to drive and cos some points came off my licence i was paying £2600 pa tpft on the lex,now paying £1400 fully comp on the disco so its all good !! bring on the snow !! - ps loadsa landrover forums but all seem a bit slow so hope you lot dont mind me chipping in over here every now and again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links