Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh Mannnnn!

I have written a previous thread about my car producing certain noises when steering and breaking well I had it checked out by the garage and I am informed that it has dead bearing. This I suspected to be honest and was ready for the potential cost however I have also been informed that my hub assembly is warpped and needs replacing!! :tsktsk: £500 for the parts fitted! I can't belive it.

How does a hub even get warpped?

Anyone else had this issue?

when you say checked out by a garage do you mean a main dealer ? if not it might be worth getting a 2nd opinion as i have found independants to be less then knowledgeable and competant besides as expensive as main dealer or more so - your main dealer might give you a free check and quote for the job

I have written a previous thread about my car producing certain noises when steering and breaking well I had it checked out by the garage and I am informed that it has dead bearing. This I suspected to be honest and was ready for the potential cost however I have also been informed that my hub assembly is warpped and needs replacing!! :tsktsk: £500 for the parts fitted! I can't belive it.

I've got the same problem, planning to get it done in the next few weeks. Need new hubs, flanges, bearings, discs and pads - gonna cost almost £1000 to fix! :crybaby:

when you say checked out by a garage do you mean a main dealer ? if not it might be worth getting a 2nd opinion as i have found independants to be less then knowledgeable and competant besides as expensive as main dealer or more so - your main dealer might give you a free check and quote for the job

It wasn't a main dealer but it is a trusted local that specializes in japanese cars, plus the guy working on the car runs an IS himself. I am tempted though to get the lexus dealer to take a look if it's likely to be free. I'll have to see how long those parts will take to arrive.

im guessing parthibian is having his done at a main dealers for both sides ? - greedy are you having both sides done for £500 - either way its worth a call to lexus to ask if they can inspect and quote and if thet would charge you to do so

I've got the same problem, planning to get it done in the next few weeks. Need new hubs, flanges, bearings, discs and pads - gonna cost almost £1000 to fix! :crybaby:

Oh mate i'm sorry to hear that I was taken aback by £500 but £1000 is a lot of money. You say 'hubs' have both of yours gone? Mine is warped but just on the drivers side so mine is the hub assembly plus the bearing. What actually causes this warping? I've got the guys at the garage to order the parts and I'll get it done asap I don't want more damage occurring as a result of driving it around. I wish I was a mechanic and could fit this stuff myself. I checked with Lexus and they couldn't really compete on price as their labor cost is 85 +vat per hr, the service guy was very helpful though I have to say.

im guessing parthibian is having his done at a main dealers for both sides ? - greedy are you having both sides done for £500 - either way its worth a call to lexus to ask if they can inspect and quote and if thet would charge you to do so

It's just the driver side front causing the probs so that's all that is being fixed. Sadly lexus couldn't compete.

No that quote is actually from WIM - but the price from Lexus was pretty much the same. Just prefer to do it at WIM as they've been really helpful, they stripped everything down and inspected everything completely free of charge so I want them to do the work too.

It's apparently not that uncommon on the IS200 - they've done at least one other car (and maybe even 2).

Basically the problem I have is that the drive flanges have warped on both sides, once this happens you have to replace everything or the problem will re-occur.

So need new hubs and bearings to go with the new flanges - and obviously the discs need replacing as they've been warped by the flanges, and new pads go with that.

It sounds like you're having everything I am but just on one side, hence half the price.

bit off the topic,

I noticed a few times when I am parking my car into the garage (slow turning with gentle breaking) I can hear the "click - click - click" noise from the driver side front wheel.

I hope this is no the same issue with this post, if not what should I check?

many thanks

Felix

No that quote is actually from WIM - but the price from Lexus was pretty much the same. Just prefer to do it at WIM as they've been really helpful, they stripped everything down and inspected everything completely free of charge so I want them to do the work too.

It's apparently not that uncommon on the IS200 - they've done at least one other car (and maybe even 2).

Basically the problem I have is that the drive flanges have warped on both sides, once this happens you have to replace everything or the problem will re-occur.

So need new hubs and bearings to go with the new flanges - and obviously the discs need replacing as they've been warped by the flanges, and new pads go with that.

It sounds like you're having everything I am but just on one side, hence half the price.

I wish I could have this all done through WIM too but the guys are just too far away for me to be able to drive all that way with this problem. It's a shame because they did my geo and they were a great bunch of guys. I will be talking to my mechanic and I will double check that the price they have quoted me includes the new flange as nothing was mentioned about this.

bit off the topic,

I noticed a few times when I am parking my car into the garage (slow turning with gentle breaking) I can hear the "click - click - click" noise from the driver side front wheel.

many thanks

Felix

Actually this does sound similar to the noise I was getting at low speed, although I'm no mechanic i do know that if you jack your car up you can then grab the wheel from its sides and the basically try to wiggle it. If there is play in the form of lateral movement then something needs replacing whether it's just the bearing or the whole assembly you wont know but it'll give you an idea. I hope it isn't this though mate.

I've just reread your original post and you might have a slightly different problem to me - my bearings are only being replaced because you have to when replacing the flanges, but there is no fault with the bearings.

But seeing as everything is being stripped off anyway may as well have the flange replaced too as if they do have a problem you'll have to pay to have everything replaced all over again.

I've just reread your original post and you might have a slightly different problem to me - my bearings are only being replaced because you have to when replacing the flanges, but there is no fault with the bearings.

But seeing as everything is being stripped off anyway may as well have the flange replaced too as if they do have a problem you'll have to pay to have everything replaced all over again.

That's a very good point and I'll make sure they check this too.

Just a quick feedback on my issue:

She has been checked by Toyota B'ham. (charged for a hour) there is nothing wrong with neither all suspensions nor all wheel bearings.

only thing they found was something called D-bushes "may" need replacing with next service.

so I told myself : Stop worrying for nothing, enjoy it.

Felix

bit off the topic,

many thanks

Felix

Actually this does sound similar to the noise I was getting at low speed, although I'm no mechanic i do know that if you jack your car up you can then grab the wheel from its sides and the basically try to wiggle it. If there is play in the form of lateral movement then something needs replacing whether it's just the bearing or the whole assembly you wont know but it'll give you an idea. I hope it isn't this though mate.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links