Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi guys

can anyone direct me to a working link for the walkthrough for playing dvd's & using the sat nav etc while driving, all the topics I have found with info on how to do it have non working links

Cheers

Hooky

When I did mine a few years ago, there was only one hack possible and that involved cutting wires. However, now TOM's makes a Plug & Play AV cable harness that simply plugs in and allows this and it costs £99 available from Prolex-UK. This option is better if you are not too confident about cutting wires. If you want to go down this route, then contact Dave at Prolex-UK. The website link for this product is here

However, if you want to save yourself the money and are confident with the wire cutting method you can follow this step by step guide. This is the method that i used for mine and i've been using it for nearly 3 years now and all is good (knock on wood)

hi guys

can anyone direct me to a working link for the walkthrough for playing dvd's & using the sat nav etc while driving, all the topics I have found with info on how to do it have non working links

Cheers

Hooky

When I did mine a few years ago, there was only one hack possible and that involved cutting wires. However, now TOM's makes a Plug & Play AV cable harness that simply plugs in and allows this and it costs £99 available from Prolex-UK. This option is better if you are not too confident about cutting wires. If you want to go down this route, then contact Dave at Prolex-UK. The website link for this product is here

However, if you want to save yourself the money and are confident with the wire cutting method you can follow this step by step guide. This is the method that i used for mine and i've been using it for nearly 3 years now and all is good (knock on wood)

Thanks ahmed that walkthrough looks nice and clear, for the £99 option do you still have to take it all to bits or does it involve another method

thanks

Hooky

for the £99 option do you still have to take it all to bits or does it involve another method

yes you still have to remove the nav unit to access the wiring harness. it's actually simple to do. only difficult part in removing the nav unit is figuring out those 4 clips above the vent, just take your time and take it easy.

yes you still have to remove the nav unit to access the wiring harness. it's actually simple to do. only difficult part in removing the nav unit is figuring out those 4 clips above the vent, just take your time and take it easy.

cheers ears will have a shot at it over the weekend . . what could poosibly go wrong ! :duh:

• 2 weeks later...